Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Latest Christmas Mixed Media Creation


I found this Oval Paper Mache Box at one of my Local Thrift Shops and I brought it back to my Studio and there it sat. Yes, while working on other projects at my art table I would set aside certain objects knowing that they would be used to alter that box. And so finally once I felt I had everything together it was time to Create. I guess it all kinda started with the large cluster of Mercury Grapes I remember my parents having those glass grape ornaments. I hope you will agree all the embellishments compliment each other, with a little 50's whimsy. I just added it to my Etsy Shop tonight.

OX,
Diane

1 comment:

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Dear Diane,

I too remember those grapes..my grandmother had them. What fond memories indeed.

Your blog is so lovely by the way!

oxox
Jennifer