Monday, February 11, 2008

~ Pleasures of Life ~





Having my house full of my collections is one of the great pleasures of life. They don't have to be expensive, just stuff that when you look at them they make you smile. All my different collections are found tucked in different corners of my house. So it is almost impossible not to see something in a day that will just give me that warm comfort feeling. You know the feeling you get when you come home, that's what I'm talking about. Most of my collections, in fact all of my collections start with a very inexpensive piece and usually something fairly small that won't take over the house and easy to move around. The little pieces can have an intimate charm that those large imposing pieces just can't match. And since I'm always on some kind of budget I slowly add to my collections. It just makes it alot more fun to keep adding. I always say that I really don't think I would like my collections the same if I was just able to drop a few bills and presto complete collection. What do you guys think? The "Thrill of the Hunt" is that not what we girls enjoy? Well take a look and I promise to share more tomorrow.

Love & Kisses,
Diane

7 comments:

Lori said...

cute collections Diane...i love your candy~colored cups and bowls:)

periwinkle vintage said...

Yummy! I love your pics, and yes, the thrill of the hunt is wonderfully addicting, isn't it ??
Cheryl

Cindy (Junque Art) said...

love your collections! Especially those pastel cups and bowls! I so know what you mean about your collections making your feel at home. I have some that make me smile too! And yes, I think it is partly the thrill of the hunt and a bargain or two.

My Name is Carrie... said...

What wonderful pictures... totally inspiring. You are so talented!

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

You are absolutely right Diane, the hunt is so exciting. I get so excited when spring comes here in Ohio. The garage sales and estate sales are endless....you never know what you are going to come home with!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have added you to my favs.

LeAnn :)

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Wonderful post! I completely agree! When I see my chocolate pots and bunnies, I just have to smile and I feel all warm inside! I love the jar filled with cookie cutters and the adorable vintage childs rolling pin! I love to fill jars with all of my pretties too!

Hugs,
Amy

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi again! Isnt it ridiculous that I would be depressed?? I so agree with you! I cant wait to get the rest of my supplies and start creating. You are so right, I have got to keep my mind full!

Hugs to you!
Amy