Sunday, March 30, 2008

Buttons Buttons and Flea Market Treasures



Vintage Finds & The Button Challenge


Vintage Button Bracelets 
These are my favorites!!


Darling Sterling Baby Bib Clips
In Original Gift Box For Sale In My Ebay Store 


Pair of Beautiful Hand Worked Pillow Slips


1937 Celluloid Childs Prayer Book


Darling Whimsical Souvenir Keepsake


Beautiful Vintage Cloth Napkins

Bright Vivid Colors


Precious 1950's Baby Dress


Another Wonderful Vintage Pillowcase


My Butterscotch Buttons


Red & White Button Sunday


Pretty Pink Sherbet


Red White & Greens


My Blueberry Parfait



Wanted to share my weekend finds, I really love the little sterling silver Baby bib kitty clips, and in their original box how sweet. And then the childs celluloid prayer book is in pristine condition. And of course you know I always pick up the vintage linens can never pass those up! And then I found a large box of 1950's vintage children's clothes, but do keep in mind they have been in there for some time and did need some TLC and some of the pieces just did not survive the time. But the yellow dress cleaned up well and a good pressing and wow it is to die for. It was weird when I was ironing all the cotton clothes and yes there is more to share it made me think of all the mothers in the 1950's and the housework would have been so much more difficult. Just the care taking of their children's clothes would have been a big undertaking. All the girls dresses ALL needed pressing. And my mom had 5 girls not sure how she did it, but she did and very well.

I also am sharing some of my favorite buttons, Analise from Sugar Sugar is having a button challenge so I picked some of my favorite little treasures to share. I really love buttons, when we were kids us girls would get out our Moms big button tin and play with them we would sort and create little button families, we had quite the imagination I guess. The beautiful vintage button bracelets were an Estate Sale find and they are both dripping with to die for Vintage buttons. You must check out all the wonderful buttons  everyone else is sharing. And thanks for stopping by, it is always a pleasure to have company.



27 comments:

leesiebella said...

HI Diane!!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection with us!! You have so many great buttons!!

Have a great Saturday!!

xo
Analise

She'sSewPretty said...

Oh you have some beautiful collections! I came to visit and see your buttons and you have so many other delightful things to see!

Clever Karen said...

I used to play with my buttons as a little girl, too! I would imagine they were ladies in pretty dresses. My favorites are those colored plastic ones that look like flowers. Thanks for sharing your collection.

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Great finds, lucky girl! Love your buttons, that red rhinestone one is just like my pink and blue one! xo, suzy

Little Pink Studio said...

Looove your red buttons! (and all the other in that fab photo!)
~Cerri xo

Mama Brook said...

Ohh - love the button bracelets!!!
I love your 'Pretty Pink Sherbet"!!
That button that looks like twined rope is great!

michelle said...

I love the button bracelets! Did you make those? HOW! I just love them and would love to get to wear some of my favorites around!

Beth Leintz said...

Drooling over your fabulous buttons- I love the different ways you've combined them- and the button bracelet is awesome, like having your buttons and wearing them, too? ...no, no, that's your cake that you have and eat...LOL

cherished*vintage said...

I love your buttons bracelets! Spectacular!
-Karoline

Lisa B. said...

Hi Diane,
I love that braclet!! Great buttons. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Is that you on the pony?! how cute. I'll be back to read more later. Thanks.

twinkleshabbystar said...

Ooooh those baby bibb clips are just the SWEETEST! What a Fabulous find!!! You always find the BEST goodies!!! :)
Looove your buttons. Sooo fun!
Have a wonderful week! XOXO

julie (jane's apron) said...

oh, I like the idea of calling them "butterscotch" buttons...so pretty!

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the button bracelets!
Sandra Evertson

A Thing for Roses said...

I love your button bracelet!

Lisa

Cottage Way of Life said...

OoooH how I love those baby clips!! Now that's a find! :)

-Sarah

Lori said...

Diane, love the button bracelets!!! and your button collection is wonderful...the wee yellow dress is very sweet!!!

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

You are a woman after my own heart. What a way to spend a saturday.I am a central Cali gal. My hubby was born and raised in San Diego.....which big city are you closest too?
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm thinking all us "cali" gal bloggers should just caravan to the Rose bowl flea market and shop till we drop!!
I entered you in my drawing too. Now I am off to go browse your blog!

Lori said...

Diane, Oh how I love my pink and adorable pocket!!! Will post it later today!! Gosh you've shown so many adorable things I had fun looking!! Later,Lori

Felicia said...

Wow, your buttons are delightful :)

The Apron Queen said...

I'm incredibly jealous. How cute!

By the way, any of your blog entries would be absolutely perfect to share for Vintage Thingies Thursdays over at my place. I'd love to have you participate.

Come on by! Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Simply Unregiftable said...

Diane, I love all your gorgeous buttons. I remember both of us playing with Grammo's buttons and of course our mon's too! What fun memories....Love you...Somehow in my move from my last house, I lost my box of buttons...boo-hoo...but I hope someone who loves buttons was the "finder".
Hugs & Kisses,
Carrie

Simply Unregiftable said...

P.S. i could spot your wrist anywhere!

Secondhandrose said...

Hi Diane, I just love coming here to look at all your pretty pics. That baby clip is so unusual...at least I've never seen one.
Karen

periwinkle vintage said...

Great finds, Diane! My sister and I used to play endlessly with our Grandma's button can. I sure wish I had it today!
Cheryl

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Hello gorgeous! I am totally adoring your button collections, and love how they're sorted by color and style. Pretty!

Kristin said...

LOVE the buttons!! Buttons make me so happy!! Thanks for coming over to my blog...I am glad you like it!! It is so much fun. Yours is great too! Luv, Kristin

Sweet Addie said...

Who made those button bracelets? Ther are adorable! I'd love to buy one! Tell me where I can get one please?!!

Your blog is fabulous! I will be checking in often!