Saturday, March 15, 2008

SHARING SOME THRIFTY SATURDAYFINDS


DARLING VINTAGE PINK BABY BASKET

LARGEST VINTAGE EASTER BASKET

BITS & PIECES FOR MY PROJECTS

MY TRAY PROJECT

DOLLAR $$ STORE FIND

PINK MILLINERY FLOWER HAT

FIGURINE TREASURES

Hello all my dear blogland friends I thought I would indulge in a bit of eye candy sharing I decided to share some of my new finds mixed in with my older treasures. The Large Pink Basket was found at a local Garage Sale and it dates to 1957 at least that is when the Baby whose bed this was happen to be born. It is in pretty darn good condition and the maker is Hawk - eye Baskets, the company that makes all the neat Picnic Baskets. And then the super large Vintage Easter Basket also found at a local Sale, I believe this is the largest one I have found to date. It too is in good condition, all except the printed name "TIM" on the bottom. And then the photo of my Bits and Pieces that is my stash of Vintage jewelry to use on my creations, believe it our not I just started collecting that new grouping a couple of months ago. I used some of it to embellish my Easter Eggs I sold in my Etsy Shop. And then the beautiful PINK flowered hat, I just picked that up for a $1.00 this Fridays morning Sale. And I was late! It was meant for me..Oh yes my funny little Bunny Crossing Sign I always seem to find a little treasure when I visit the dollar Store. Really if you look hard enough there is that hidden treasure . The Shelf is a Garage Sale Find and a lot of the figurines are rescued from a local Thrift Shop quite a few have missing wings, the poor darlings needed a home (:  I hope you have enjoyed my sharing, I will be working on some new projects this weekend so stop back by for a sneak peek.
Hugs, Diane

8 comments:

Lori said...

Diane...oh my!!! your bits and pieces drawer looks delicious!!! i would love to play with those:)

twinkleshabbystar said...

Oooh I would LOVE to go shopping and thrifting with YOU!!!! YOu find the BEST yummies! Your collection of vintage jewelry is FAB! The baskets are sooo pretty! Im sure you'll put them to good use. :)) Cant wait to see your new goodies!!!

mary said...

Wow, looks like you got some really great finds...and LOVE all that jewelry!!

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

I love all your new treasures Diane, you had some fun didn't you!! Hey that basket is as old as I am, hehe!!

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Elizabeth Holcombe said...

Love love LOVE your thrifty finds, my dear! Thanks for sharing!~~~XXOO, Beth

Beth Leintz said...

Love that soft pink of the baby basket- oh the possibilities for it and the Easter basket!

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Diane! WOW!! You found some awesome things!! I LOVE the baby basket! And the hat is fabulous! Lovce the trinkets too, you are lucky!!

Amy

periwinkle vintage said...

I want to go thrifting with YOU!! But then we'd have a knock-down-drag-out to see who got the goods first! You scored big!!!!
Cheryl