Sunday, May 18, 2008

Show & Tell Sunday Vintage Linens


I am Just In Love with Vintage Tablecloths from
The 1930's to 5o's Bright Vibrant Colors
To Cheer Up any Homemaker!

And the sweet Linen Bathroom Hand Towels
So precious with hand embroidery, and each
one had to be Ironed after they dried
out on the clothesline

This Darling Vintage Linen was one I just picked up
at a local Garage Sale of a 84 year old lady
She had a Terrier that was 90 years in
Doggie Years that is!

Most of The Vintage Tablecloths from the
1940's had Matching Napkins, these were found
alone no Tablecloth ):  JUST SOLD in my Etsy Shop

And of course I am always picking up  any
of the Wonderful Hand Embroidery 
Pillowcases. Most fit Standard Size Pillows
So they Work Best Displayed On Top of The Bed!

This is a photo of a Corner Edge
of a Wonderful Group of Linen Napkins
I will be selling these in My Shop along
with some of the other items I have Shared

Well I am so glad I had a chance this Weekend to take part in the Show & Tell It is always a joy to show other people like myself my Vintage Finds. And it is so comforting to see more women like myself that have the same passion for these wonderful Vintage Finds. And now this week I must get busy and  sell off some of my Finds before my house burst at the Seams! Thanks for taking your time to stop by today (:
Hugs,

18 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Nice linens too! I never see those bright tableclothes here in the Netherlands, but we do have a lot of embroidery in all kinds of colors, except for black. I have seen black and white wall hangings but never table clothes and tea cosies. We do have a lot white on white and red on white. Sorry I didn't have time to enter but I'm enjoying all posts, like yours, thanks for sharing!

just being crafty said...

Your linens are just Beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Kathy

Karen said...

Beautiful linens . . . I really like those pillowcases with the mauve floral embroidery. Gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Karen at Ciderantiques

Lori said...

Diane, thanks for sharing...your tablecloths and embroidery pieces are lovely:)

Sarah and Jack said...

Hi Diane! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I buy those tablecloths anywhere and everywhere I can find them and afford them. That particular batch from a trip to Chicago and one of the flea markets there.

Yours are lovely also!

Mya said...

Beautiful collection.
Love Little Bo Peep.
-Mya

leesiebella said...

Hi Diane!

Oh, your tablecloths are just so pretty, I am always so drawn to the colors and designs!

thanks for sharing!!

xo
Analise

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

I just love seeing your collection of vintage table linens! The colors are so pretty!
*Heidi*
Everyday Cookies

Little Pink Studio said...

You have a beautiful collection of linens! Thank you for sharing with us today!
~Cerri xo

linda t said...

I am loving your blog! Sooo glad to have found you!
Can't wait to spend some time reading all your past posts... you are so my kind of gal... sooo my kind of blog!
Love all your Saturday finds!

Cami said...

Awww, the tablecloths have my vote! I have a few and none are in fabulous shape.

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Oh these are all gorgeous! I am so jealous :)

Hugs,
Amy

diana @ please sir said...

Great linen finds - I love collecting vintage linens too!

Couture de Papier said...

Thank you for all your lovely comments! Denise

vintage paper bella~andrea said...

I love vintage linens, they are so pretty and not just something you can go buy at the store! :)

Diana Lyn said...

Hello Diane, your linen collection is really nice! I love vintage linens also! I read the post of your daughter Breezy, she is so beautful! I bet you are counting the minutes till that baby is born, is this your first? There is nothing like being a Gramma! Hugs and keep us updated! Diana Lyn

Sandra Evertson said...

Wonderful pieces! Love all the bright color!
Sandra Evertson

Jenni B said...

Diane,

I just found your blog. Darling! Those vintage linens are great. I purchased quite a few vintage hankies on eBay and I was going to make a valance out of them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenni B
http://www.jenniboriginals.com