Monday, January 5, 2009

Repurpose Vintage Treasures


I LOVE collecting Vintage Hankies, and I am always trying to
figure out what to do with them. A lot of times I will find one that works color wise
with my decor and just fold one in a triangle shape and have it  tucked into
a Vase to add extra Cottage Vintage Sweetness.


 And another decorating tip, I found two matching in color Frames one without a picture and one with. I hang the large one without a picture and then center the smaller one inside I really love the way the compliment each other. And then an old Sugar Bowl, but opps it is missing the lid, let's repurpose it and add fishing wire and beads, and wow it becomes a Darling hanging pot. I just love to repurpose old Timeless treasures. Hope you enjoyed my quick little Show and Share! Thanks for Visiting I love the Company!

                                                                                              





15 comments:

Lori said...

those are great ideas Diane, i really really LOVE the sugar bowl idea...it is TOO cute!!!

Lisa B. said...

Diane...I love your idea with the little sugar bowl planter. It would be so cute with ivy trailing down. Very clever! Thanks.

Pieceful Bits said...

Diane,
really great ideas thanks for showing and sharing!
Julie

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Love your ideas for the hankies...and the frames are the bomb! So creative...

Jodie LeJeune said...

Hi Diane,
I stumbled upon your blog and wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed my visit. Your pictures and ideas are so inspiring...Happy New Year!
Jodie

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Oh, uyou just helped me decide how to camouflage a boo-boo on a vase I bought recently! Thank you!

It's my first visit to your blog & I soo enjoyed myself. We share a lot of common interests & you have great style!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Happy New Year!!
Great ideas! I have a fondness for hankies also...they are so sweet and very useful.
Love your creamer idea and look forward to more great ideas.
Warmly,
Deb

Scrappy Jessi said...

hey sweets,

happy new years!!
hope all is well.

oxoox,
jessi

twinkleshabbystar said...

Love the hankies Diane!!! What a wonderful idea and perfect way to display them! The sugar bowl is just plain GENIUS!!! :) XO, Jenn

The Urban Chic said...

Diane, I have visited your blog a few times and I just love what you do with things you find. The sugar bowl is neat. I bought an old light fixture to hang from a chain to put guest towels in. Hope you have a wonderful year filled with lots of new ideas and good health. Hugs, Pat

Secondhandrose said...

My favorite is the sugar bowl, that is really sweet!

karen

Shab-n-Chic said...

Your idea for the hankie is too cute! I think I will have to steal that from you! :)

roseylittlethings said...

Very clever ideas, love the sugar bowl! Happy New Year!

Angela Harris said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those frames! I want that look in my bathroom.
great inspiration

Pearl said...

Hi Diane... Love, Love, Love the Hanky idea! I have a collecion, too, and will try this out! How Cute can your sugar bowl hanger be?! Thanks for sharing...

~blessings~
Pearl