Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thrift & Yard Sale Treasures


Really I am Not TOTALLY Crazy Just a Little Bit I Promise, really I do you
see I am out combing the local Yard Sales and low and behold right in front of my face two Elegant Christmas Stockings, did I also say 50 cents each Now any person in their right mind would not even look at Christmas 
especially when that person still has Christmas Crates to get up into the Attic.... But girls we are not one of those kind of people always thinking of next years Inventory. And for those prices  we cannot even compare 
to 75% after Christmas markdown. Am I right? (Agree... agree...)

These RED Vintage plastic Cookie Cutters are something that can be 
Sold year round, in fact that special person that decorates 
their kitchen with accents in RED perfect! In the Shop they go!

Oh yes a pretty PINK Pyrex Baking dish, now we all know 
someone that collects Vintage Pyrez and PINK yummy sweet. 
In my bag it went and off to my Etsy Shop

Well these two sweets were caked in dust, oh yes I just knew if
I got them home soaked them in the sink they would Shine!
Sure enough they do look divine!

Charming Old Book with an oh so quaint Book Plate, signed by it's
Owner and Copyright 1935 , I loved the Cover darling graphics
I am sure it would look lovely in Study or Home Office


A couple old Servers, just like something you would see at Grandmas
Thanksgiving Table. In fact I am making a grouping of Vintage Sweets
"Collection From Grandmas Attic" and putting them in The Shop for Sale.
Did you also notice the little Vintage glass bowl, I think a ribbon
would look darling strung through  the openings, I'll
let you know how it looks

I hope you enjoyed checking out my new found treasures, now that Christmas is behind us the Yard and Estate Sales will really start happening, and I just cannot keep it all so that is why I have my Shop for Vintage Treasures "Myfavoritefinds" Have a great Friday good luck finding your treasures and please do come back again for a visit, I just love the company.


10 comments:

Sonya said...

WOW! I am loving every single piece! Great finds, so jealous:)

Lori said...

yard sales already? you sure found lots of goodies Diane...those servers are really pretty!!!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Now is the best time of year for Christmas deals. I am currently watching a few things on Ebay. :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Well certainly can't say the same for yard sales starting here in Oregon...that won't be until maybe April! Lucky girl!

Our Back Porch said...

Great finds for sure. Our yard sales won't start until March or April.

Have a great weekend!
Rebecca

Lori said...

Diane, Sounds like a good day! But heck the CA weather is a good day compared to our 10 below zero now!!! Please continue to vote for me each day, if you've time! Thanks again! Love,Lori

violetlady said...

I found your blog through Carrie. Lovely! I am also a real estate agent and I also love estate sales and I also collect vintage hankies. How coincidental.

Pieceful Bits said...

Diane what gorgeous finds!!!
I am so jeaous that you can yard sale year round. Our's is pretty much from May to September.

Angela Harris said...

I can't get enough of the silverware serving utensils. I have those stockings too! The red ones I got at Target last year at 90% off! This year it seems like no companies are going to go to 90. Too bad:(
Thank you about the magazine! i can't believe you saw it already. You are quick!

Rhondi said...

Hi Diane
You got some wonderful treasures. I wish tresure hunting was as good where I live.