Sunday, February 1, 2009

February in California




Sky Is Blue The Sun Is Out and Flowers are beginning to Bloom! I just love when these 
Bird of Paradise flowers start blooming. Each one is a work of Art, it's hard to believe they are real. So today cut some and displayed them on my coffee table.

I wanted to take a close-up picture of the Blooms, they do really look like birds, 
and such vibrant rich colors. And after I got these lovelies all set-up I went across
the street to my neighbors to pick some citrus. Oh girls these little tangerines are
the sweetest treats. Page down a take a look at the photo.

These little tea light birdies were a steal at Kohl's 
end of season mark downs, I love them!

These are the best Tangerines, I photographed them before 
I washed them sorry but I wanted to get a picture before I lost the sunlight 
I love fresh citrus, growing up here in California it seems like we always had 
some variety of fruit tree in our yard. As kids we picked them and ate 
them for snacks all throughout the year.  I'm sure my mom loved that with 
seven hungry kids, saved her some snack money 

And here is some Vintage Saturdayfinds, these two glass vanity jars 
I thought were charming and I picked these up at an Estate on the 2nd Day. 
I couldn't believe now one had bought them. Well they came home with me and 
I plan on putting them in my Shop this week

Oh Yes Just a Quick peek ** Super Bowl Dinner  
A 7 Bone Roast Cooking out on the Barbecue
Will be adding Carrots, potatoes and celery!!

Ok and I saved this for last, this is a true example of Trash to Treasure
A stack of these beautiful forgotten Treasures

They were found at an Estate in a group of boxes that had been
just stored outdoors for years, I brought one plate in my kitchen sink
just to show you how beautiful they will be! Amazing none of them were broken.


Isn't this a Pretty dainty Pattern, and I really like the idea of
oval dinner plates, I have a total of 12 of these gems. Once I get
them cleaned up I will be adding them to my Shop

A preview of my Spring Cups 
I am working on a custom order and extras for my Shop. 
This is one style I will have different colors and other Images.


I hope you all had a nice weekend mine was a bit hectic, I have brother that needed help from his siblings to pack up his house, last weekend we staged a garage sale for him. It sure made me think about all the stuff we all acquire of the years. We had to stage him down to a truck cab and a trailer, with the help of the family mission accomplished. Thanks for stopping by.

                                                                                     Hugs & Kisses,


30 comments:

Lori said...

Diane, those plates you found are just gorgeous...i love your sweet nut~cups!!! that bird of paradise looks so pretty...it must be nice to look at something that is blooming:)

vivian said...

that roast looks yummy! ANd those dirty dishes were a great find! have a great week!
vivian

Lori said...

thanks for what you said to me:) you are on my list too...psssssst: Cindy's OWOH giveaway is one of her birdies...run over and enter!!!

Sandy Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by! Did those birds of paradise actually grow in your yard!? I love how you rescued those plates!

Sandy

Rose Petals & Blooms said...

Hi Diane! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment on my blog!

I couldn't believe the photos of the before and after of your gorgeous dishes!! OMG, who would have thought you would uncover such gems under all the years of storage! In all of my travels, I've never seen oval dishes! (other than platters) what an amazing find! I adore the pattern, so, so pretty!

I'm going to have to visit your shop now, you've peaked my interest~ lol..!

Stop by anytime, it was such a nice surprise to read your comment..
xo
Michelle

Rose Petals & Blooms said...

Wow Diane!! 3 new grandbabies!! Congratulations to you, 2008 sure was a very "productive year" for your family! lol!

I have 3 grandbabies as well, my oldest, Hailey will be 18 yrs. in April, she graduates from High School in May! (I'm way too old, or too young to have a grandchild this old! lol!) My second grandbaby is Hunter, he'll be 4 yrs. in May, a real cutie patootie! And my youngest grandbaby, Jack, (apple of my eye) will turn 2 yrs. in July... They are my life! Well, besides my hubby, studio, and children, I can't forget them! eek!

I will wait to visit your shop for a few days, I know what it's like when you have your hands full. Oh, and you asked who designed my blog, Moi! I did~ I'm pretty proud of it, I really enjoy creating them... I can't wait to start designing my Easter banner. fun, fun!
Have a great day, I hope you can take a bit of time for "just you" today, we always need to have at least a few minutes to breathe, now don't we! lol..
xoxo
Michelle

Holly said...

Hi, Diane! What a find those dishes were! Poor things! All dirty in a box and just waiting to be rescued!!! ~ wink ~

Your Spring cups are super sweet! I love all your creations. I feel happier just looking at them.

Come see me sometime!

~ ♥ ♥ ~

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I cannot believe how wonderful those plates turned out. It must have been like opening a treasured surprise! Love you & Stay Cozy, Carrie

Lisa B. said...

I envy you with flowers blooming already! Love the china and your little cups are so cute!

violetlady said...

I love those plates. I have seen that pattern before, but don't know the name. You are so fortunate to be able to pick fruit off the trees yourself. I have a few bowls of Clementine tangerines here, but they were straight from the store.

Pinkie Denise said...

Hello Diane,
Wow, you sure made some amazing finds. Those dishes are wonderful...I often wonder how things get so neglected by one then found and loved by another? Thank for sharing your weekend Pinkie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane !!
Love your little Easter cups...I love all your paper art work!!!
Love the dishes and it's amazing how they are in great shape. Guess I should look into boxes and not be afraid to buy what doesn't look good:)
Beautiful flowers from your yard.
I'll try to remember to take photos of my room at the shop.
Take care.
Warmly,
Deb

rebecca said...

what beautiful dishes..great find! and you must be an amazing cook...that roast made me hungry :)

Vintagebella ~ Andrea said...

Those dishes are very pretty! What a great find!

Lori said...

Diane, very cute chickie cups! Always know cuteness will await me on your site! Love,Lori

Mocha with Linda said...

Came over from Carrie's - wow! I would have never had the courage to buy those plates and know those would clean up so good! You have a great eye!

Carolyn G said...

I am originally from CA and I miss it sometimes because where I live now it's cold!!!

MouseChirpy said...

Hi Diane, I've really enjoyed browsing your blog. I love seeing beautiful vintage collectibles. I am pretty sure that I was around when some of those things were made. LOL Yup, I'm as old as dirt!
Aloha!

Linda said...

Those plates are beautiful! Tell Carrie I stopped by to see you! Thanks and have a great weekend.

twinkleshabbystar said...

Diane, Those plates were an AMAZING find! Gorgeous pattern! I ADORE you sweet chick nutcups! Soooo stinkin' CUTE!!!! What a great sis you are to lend your bro a helping hand! :) XO, Jenn

Denise said...

The plates are gorgeous. What a find!

Have a great day, Denise

sweetiepie said...

The plates are beautiful. I don't think I could part with them if I were you.

You have a lovely blog, by the way.

sweetiepie said...

The plates are beautiful. I don't think I could part with them if I were you.

You have a lovely blog, by the way.

Lisa said...

Those flowers are my daughters most favorite. I was told to visit your sister who suggested I visit you and your daughter. (?)
I now have 3 new friends on reader!!

:)Lisa

Kate/Massachusetts said...

Your "finds" are just incredible! I love the oval dinner plates! Your 7-bone roast looks delicious! Could you share the recipe?

debbie said...

DIANE,
WHAT A BLESSING YOU WERE TO HELP YOUR BROTHER. FAMILY IS SO SPECIAL. YOUR PLATES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. WHAT A TREASURE. THE BIRD OF PARADISE GORGEOUS.
BLESSINGS
debbie

Deborah said...

Oh, that china!! It's looks to be what my granny had! I've often wondered what became of her lovely pieces. What memories seeing your brings to mind!

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

I can't believe the china! wow!! what a transformation... and I love your spring cups. they are such a sweet breath of color... it is still so cold here on the east coast. whine whine whine. lol!

xo Heather

jenny holiday said...

Ohhhh those plates are just fantastic!! They must be so so happy now!! ;)

And I LOVE your sweet nutcups!!!

Thanks bunches for popping by my blog!!! Always so sweet!

XOXO
Jenny

Storybook Woods said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE those plates. I keep telling myself, I do not need more china, I do not need more china. It must be hard not to keep them for yourself. Clarice