Wednesday, February 25, 2009

NUTTY FOR NUT CUPS



Light & Bright Spring Colors 

I am really Having loads of fun working on these sweet little
Vintage style Nut Cups. I love the way the  colors pop

And in keeping with 1 of my New Years Resolutions
Don't hold back from using all my Vintage Supplies
I have to keep telling myself that every weekend in
California there are Estate Sales and yes more then 1
And I am always  lucky enough to find something to
add to my Studio Supplies

I have a few  of these Old cupcake Tins, that my Hubby painted
for me hanging around my studio, and when I was kinda struggling
to carry a few of these cups in my hands, I got this idea Hmmmm.
How about one of those tins that would work! And then once
I had plopped them in they looked so cute, worthy of a picture.

Now these little Baskets, I re-purposed J-E-L-L-O Molds
Again just like the cupcake tins, I gave these a coat of 
Pink Paint, drilled a couple holes in the sides, and then
added all the fluff!
And Then I have them in my Shop for Sale

And I really think these Sweet Little Miniature Baskets look darling on a Spring Tree. I have some other ones in different color schemes , that I am working on. And also a Few for St Patty's Day with a Real Vintage Twist.
I have been really trying very hard to get more Vintage goodies photographed and up for Sale in my Etsy Shops and on E-bay. And I promise to post a picture of the paint I have used for my tins, it works great!
Hugs & Kisses,


10 comments:

zoebabie said...

Sooooooooo LOVELY & CUTE! i love them all!!! Diane, you are so talent and i added you in my bloglist so i could visit ur blog next time :)

XOXO
Zoe

Lori said...

Diane, those nut cups are soooooo precious!!! they look so adorable in the muffin tin...i love those peeps too, they make me smile:)

Handeddowntreasures said...

Diane, You are so very talented! They are just beautiful! And I can't wait to see the paint you are talking about. Linda

Sonya said...

That is all just so adorable!

twinkleshabbystar said...

SWOOOOON! My head is about to *EXPLODE* over all the Easter cuteness! GAAAAA!!!! Im on a sugar high!!! :) XO,Jenn

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Every one of your creations brings me delight! I love to see your treasures!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

sassydesigns said...

Great little basket cups! They are so bright and fun! Found your blog through cssteam. Take care.
Dee

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Daine,
Just love seeing your new art work. It always makes my day to see your sweet treasures!!
Lucky you to have nice weather to go to the estate sales. Not a lot this weekend, like just a couple and we don't have time as we are moving into a larger space at the antique store and have been doing that today and will finish up tomorrow...it's like moving a house!! Too much stuff..
Your sister, Carrie stopped by to visit me:) That was sweet.
Have a fun weekend.
Deb

Stephenie said...

Love your little nut cups.. The colors really so pop. It really is hard to part with some of the treasurs we find. Just love that little pink peep.
Stephenie

colbycottage said...

Hi Diane, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I can so relate to not wanting to part with my special finds. I also am determined this year to use up some of my great stash. It is so hard.Love your little baskets! Kathy