Friday, February 20, 2009

Vintage Inspired


•• Thoughtful Tokens ••


I Really Love the Darling Vintage Party Favors of the Past
I am having so much fun with these crepe frilly cups
Embellishing them with Vintage Elements. I hope to fill
My Shop Saturdayfinds full of Spring Frills!

These little Hand made Treasures that I recently found
at a local Estate Sale, really give me that inspiration
to Create Vintage Inspired Sweets. The safety pin and 
bead basket is just charming and so well done.

The way each bead is added to create these Vintage Eggs
is Really becoming a lost art. I do know one of my dear
Blog friends Mary of Snowflakes-on-eyelashes She is
an amazing Artist and creates Ornaments Inspired 
from these Vintage sweets! 

Darling bits of bling, and such detail on each one.
I really think I will have to try making one of these
one day. I bet it takes a lot of patience.

And here is a glimpse of my Crepe Ruffles in progress.
It is such a pleasure when I am in the middle of making
one of my projects, and I can just reach over to my
stash of pre-sewn crepe ruffles. So once I have the
sewing machine out I try and get a number of different
colors made up at the same time.

Ok and now the Great Fun I had this Week. Look at
what a wonderful package the Postman brought me!!
I Was the luck WINNER of Laurie's Giveaway.
She makes the most charming Creations and I 
have admired her work for at least a year, and now 
I have one of her creations. Take a look girls!!

Look at her Creative Tag, it's just darling
you must agree. Splendid presentation
Check out Lauries Blog Bewitched Magic

Her Louise Pendant, I love this French Sweetness
In our Favorite Colors Girls. She has more for
Sale In her Shop each one custom and Unique.

And these two darling Doll Heads , they have the sweetest
little expressions, and vintage millinery. THey were one
of her latest Thrift Finds. They have a cloth face so I will
have to Add them to a Shadow Box Creation, to keep
them from getting dust and soiled.

Ok now I had to share this glimpse of  Sweetness with you all.
I stepped out of my front door yesterday and this is what I saw!!
Our neighbors lawn was covered. Paper Hearts galore I was speechless
The little neighbor girls had a craft class at their house and this 
project was a way to express a token of appreciation. 


I don't know about you but with the times being so
tough for so many, gestures like these are priceless.


Well I sure hope you enjoyed your visit with me today, and make sure you take time for yourself this weekend.







11 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I LOVED reading your blog post today. So many fun treasures to explore! I kept wanting more...and there was! The lawn hearts were just the icing on the cake! Thanks for a fun read!

Stay Cozy,
Carrie

Amy said...

Diane...I loved your post, too!!!! So sweet and gave me a vintage fix for the night!!!!

Laurie said...

I adore those vintage Easter baskets! And your creations too! Thanks for mentioning my blog by the way! And for leaving the comment about Tigger. Love your blog! Hugs, Laurie :)

Our Back Porch said...

What sweet treasures! I love vintage party favors and the frilly cups as well!
Have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Rebecca

Sonya said...

Ohhhhhhhh, those vintage yummies! I LOVE them!

Angie said...

What sweet finds! :)

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Diane!
I'm loving your Easter party favors - they are too cute!!! Congrats on your win! Those doll heads are too sweet - love the millinery flowers. Oh, and those paper hearts in your neighbors yard are wonderful - very cool! Thanks for sharing all.
-Karoline

Lori said...

what a fun post Diane:) congrats on your blog win, your goodies from Laurie are too cute...i love Mary's creations too, they are always so sweet...i really like what you are doing with that crepe paper!!!

snowflakesoneyelashes said...

HI Diane..Thanks for mentioning me!! You found some great things at that Estate Sale, I cant wait until it gets warm here and I can start going to the yardsales. Your little nutcups are just the cutest!

KatCollects said...

Ohhhh I am in love with the little pink bunny egg, so so sweet.
Kathy

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Just wanted to tell you how much I love your "Easter Nut Cups" at your etsy shop! They are absolutely adorable!

Love you...Stay Cozy,
Carrie