Tuesday, March 3, 2009

CREATE HOMEGROWN CHARM

                              I'm Committed to My First Tag Swap

Yes, I agreed to Join in on Andrea of Vintage Bella Studios
Vintage Easter Theme Tag Swap. Now really keep in mind 
this is a first for me. I sure have seen many of these swaps 
going on in Blogland, but I have observed from the sidelines.
Let's hope I didn't get myself in over my head LOL (;

Sometimes when I need to create something with a deadline
I freeze up. And that is sorta what happened here.  When I am
creating things for my Shop I just work on my own timeline and
also I add and tweak my creation as I go! But making 21 of the
same thing, yet keeping that look and style I love is a challenge
for me. Last night I just started to get out the glue and garland
and Create. 

I am also busy working on some "New" Spring Posy Pockets, these are just a little bit larger in size, so it gives me more surface to embellish. I love adding lot's of detail so each time it arrives to it's new owner there is always a welcomed surprise to discover. Thanks for stopping by today, tomorrow I will be painting some more
Jello Molds for Mini Vintage Baskets. I  have made a promise to share the steps along the way. OXOX


14 comments:

Lori said...

i know what you mean Diane...i totally freeze when i am faced with anything that resembles a deadline...and all the creative juices fly out the window...you seem to be doing very well though...your tags are so dang cute...love the color...and your new posy pockets are adorable...i think those gals you used are the sweetest!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Daine,
I bet your craft room is wonderful :)
Lots of space and sun light...and a window or 2 !!!
Your tags are wonderful...makes me think I should join,however 21 tags is a lot of work, as you know. Have fun making them :)
As always, love your work...
Deb :)

Stephenie said...

I love your Spring Pockets, how cute is that!!!! Looks like you're on a roll with the tags. From what I can see they're going to look beautiful.. Can't wait to see the finished tag..
Stephenie

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Swaps can be so addictive, watch out!!

Sonya said...

You are actually making me crave Spring with all these photos!

Our Back Porch said...

Yep, I have one of your Spring Posy Pockets, and love, love, love it! These are precious...hmmm and bigger. I'll have to check these out.

Hugs,
Rebecca

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love, love, love your tags. I wish I was in on the swap so I could get one. Are you selling some on etsy? Love 'ya!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Secondhandrose said...

Your Easter goodies are so sweet! I think you have a great start on your tags. Your work is so lovely, everyone will love them.
karen

Lori said...

Hi Diane,
Love the lavender and pink! The tags are so adorable! Always such a breath of sunshine in the colors you use! I'll have to see about you doing an wedding one for me some day! Love my pink pocket in my room! Love,Lori

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Your tags are so sweet!
Thanks for the kind comment on my romantic bathroom photos ~ you are right, I have lots of gels, lotions, etc. I think I could open a store, I have so many!
:)
~Becca~

zoebabie said...

Diane you 1st commitment on these swap was so sweet especially i love the purple colour and the little girls with a vintage lace! i believe they love your tag and can't wait longer to receive it!

XOXO
Zoe

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Diane! They are looking pretty good to me...!!! Keep it up, girl and enjoy your swap!
Marcela

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

Hi Diane, I happened to notice I had a new follower and decided to take a peek. I am so glad I did. I love love love your creative spirit. Your tags and nut cups are so adorable. I had to go over to your etsy shop and add both your shops plus your daughters to my favorites.

I also love how you washed those beautiful oval plates. I'll have to watch your shop for them.

Have a wonderful weekend. hugs, Ellen

creative breathing said...

Hi Diane, I am so looking forward to receiving my spring pocket that I ordered. Your work is amazing! I didn't know that you read my stories! Thank you so much! I wanted to let you know that Uncle Bob was never ever a jerk, he was a lawyer! His keeping those trust funds in tact will have importance in a future story! He also struggled with paranoid schizophrenia. I am very protective of this Uncle I have lost so recently. Elizabeth