Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Peek Inside My Home

My Living Room, it really is not very large in fact
our house is not real large , but it is comfortable and perfect for
Hubby and I and our Pet Charlie. And of course our 4 
Little Grand-babies that come to visit
(when that happens all things are removed from coffee table)
It's decorated in cottage comfort designer
colors more on the warm side. No fluff and lace for my Hubby!

In a corner of my Dining Room I have a stack
of Vintage Picnic Baskets. They are great for storage.
I usually pick them up at Estate Sales. I have sold a lot of them 
over the years these are just the ones I have at the present.

This is a little Travel case I found Years ago
and Then I covered the outside with Vintage Images.
Yes Piece by piece, and now I keep  
  some of my Prize Dolls inside for safe keeping

This is one of them, my Barbie from the 60's and her outfit
including stole and hat were made by my dear Grandmother
we called her Granmo. She was a seamstress and  she would
always make my Dolls something Special, very chic!
I am telling you the Coat is Lined, it is crazy.
Our Mother knit our Barbies Sweaters, I promise
next time to get those out to share (:

Oh yes I have been meaning to share these beautiful lace fabrics with you.
In my Girly Girl Room I have these pretty vintage lace dresses hanging waiting
to be re-worked into something special. They were hanging in a closet at
one of my local Estate Sales for a mere $2 and I just could not pass them up,
I mean really ladies could you?  This lady Had Class, beautiful things
throughout that Home, in fact That is were I had found the Pink Kitchen
canisters that are for sale In My Shop
Well I sure hope you enjoyed your visit, whew
it is getting close to my 90th Post, I really think I am going to have to put
together a giveaway very soon. It's going to have to be something very special 
because I have such lovely friends.
 Hugs & Kisses,
Diane

14 comments:

Denise said...

I have several picnic baskets in which I store linens and my decorative flags. Oh and one is full of yummy scented candles!

Your Barbie sure brought back some good memories forme. I love the vintage Barbies.

Have a great day, Denise

Outstanding Stranger said...

Just wanted to pop over and say HI...Love you Easter favors in your last post so cute...Thanks for the lesson...Hugs, Diane (too)

The Pink Door said...

awwww I like that home ;) ox

Gossamer Creations said...

I like your living room........my husband does not like fluff or lace either. I enjoyed looking at your barbie. I sold all of my childhood barbies on ebay many years ago. Nice photos. Have a wonderful Thursday.
~Sue~

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You know I love all of your baskets, as I have many too. And it is so fun to see that outfit that Grammo made! Special!

Maybe you can sneak a little vintage fluff in without "you know who" noticing? haha

Love & Kisses,
Carrie

Lori said...

your grandmother was something else...what a wonderful seamstress!!! i really have to try to find some estate sales...the prices at my local antique stores are really bumming me out...and my thrift store almost never has anything good!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Thanks for the "peak" into your home/living room:)
Awesome Grandma that made your Barbie clothes. My Mom made clothes for ours and I have no idea where they went. Probably sold at a garage sale.
Great idea with the picnic baskets. I use suit cases as storage/decorating.
Thanks for the tutorial on your baskets from molds. I found some today and think I'll make them for Easter and use them at as place cards.Happy Day!!!
Warmly,
Deb :)

snowflakesoneyelashes said...

I like what you did with your little train case...makes it much more stylish! And so is your Barbie, she looks lovely.

Stephenie said...

Your livingroom is so pretty...I just love that pink lace, how pretty...That travel case is just so cute!!!
Stephenie

Karen said...

Your living room is beautiful Diane! So light and airy. I just love the rug, it has such pretty colors!
And the travel case is so sweet, you did a really nice job decorating it.
Please stop by sometime...I have something for you.
Blessings,
Karen

Lori said...

Diane, I am so shocked, I expected more frou frou then me! But hon, its beautiful! But I can't help but wonder if you were let loose to do a pink home!!!!!! The pink lace is gorgous! Keep me posted when you make something with it!! Lori

Elyse said...

hi diane,

thanks for saying hi at my blog. i would love to see more pics of the fabulous clothes made for your barbies. i have my sisters' barbies from the 60s and my own from the 70s and just love 'em, esp. skipper!

happy weekend

Secondhandrose said...

Thanks for the peek inside your home. My DH says to decorate how I want , even pink, but I haven't yet as I wonder what his friends would say!

karen

A Vintage Mood said...

Hi Diane,
Thank you so much for your visit and comment. What a sweet name ~ Granmo. I love that! Maybe my grandbabies will call me that (I have one so far). And yes, I know the ritual of removing things from coffee table and side tables well!