Thursday, March 12, 2009

TUTORIAL ON TREAT BASKETS

Ok I spoke about these little treat Baskets on a Previous
Post and promised to share "How To" So Here is a little
Tutorial on Vintage Jello Molds turned into Easter Treat Cups!

This is the best paint by far, I am always able to find it at
our local Home Depot. You can use either satin or gloss.
I really prefer the satin but I can't find the Candy Pink
in the satin. This paint is nice and fast drying and really
has great coverage.

First you have to drill two small holes in the mold.
One on each side perfect for your pipe cleaner handle
Find a nice piece of wood for support.

Give the inside of the molds a light coat of paint,make
sure you are set-up to paint in a spot to allow for
overspray. I like working out in the sunshine helps to
bake on the paint.

After the inside has been painted then give the
outside a nice coat of paint. Remember keep your coats
light you don't want any drips.

Once they have been completed, it is nice to keep
them in a dry place to make sure the paint has dried .
I let mine bake outside in the sun

And now the Molds have been transformed.
All that is needed is a bit of embellishing. I use
vintage pipe cleaners for a pail handle, and some
of the molds I dust with glitter. Let your imagination
run wild and have fun. If you want some to decorate
I'll have some in my shop over the weekend. I will have 
both decorated and plain cups for Sale.

Well I hope you enjoyed, this little bit of sharing, if you need any help 
or have any questions just shoot be an e-mail. Thanks for stopping by.
  Hugs,

27 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Diane, Gee wish I could make some, have the cups! However in Indiana there's spray painting now!! Too cold and it stays so sticky! I'll have to rememner when it warms up for next year. Adorable!!! Lori Love the lavender!!

Angela Harris said...

This is a really really beautiful project idea. I have seen these before &y now I will know what to do with them. Thank you!

Denise said...

Oh my goodness, those are so sweet! I love all of the beautiful colors. Thanks for sharing!

Have a great day, Denise

barbara said...

These are so pretty, Diane - and it's really nice of you to show everybody how to make them. Thanks!

Lori said...

SO cute!!! i am making some when the weather is better...same issues here that the other Lori has...too dang cold right now!!!

Scrappy Jessi said...

aaahhh these are fabulous!!! you always do such cute work!!!
oxoxo,
jessi

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Cute baskets! I love how you prepared so many "en masse!" I'm the same wa! Have you had a chance to visit Very Vintage at the Whizins Center in Agoura? Thanks for stopping by to see my French flea market finds.

Cathy said...

Diane,

I absolutely adore these. They are perfect. Each one is a feast for the eyes. Simple, but absolutely lovely and perfect for the upcoming spring season.

Great job and thanks for the demo.

xo Cathy

Stephenie said...

Love the basket. How cute.. I'll have to try and make one...You truly do amazing work..
Stephenie

Nancy said...

Diane, Your baskest are so cute. Thank you for sharing the instructions. I will now be on the hunt for jello molds!

Jodie LeJeune said...

What a cute idea! Your work is sooo pretty, I always enjoy stopping in and taking a peek!
Jodie
everything vintage

sweetiepie said...

Those look absolutely yummy!! Thanks for sharing.

bluemuf said...

Diane, It's so nice to meet you and I'm glad you dropped by. Love this tutorial and thank you for sharing it with all of us.

I've been enjoying your blog and will be back

Karen

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi Diane,
These little baskets are so cute! All the molds looked so pretty painted for in spring colors and set out to dry. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.
Patricia :o)

Chelsea Ling said...

what a great idea :) is there anything spraypaint can't do?

Sonya said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial!

Secondhandrose said...

That was fun and they are so cute. Great idea.
karen

Karen said...

Hi Diane,
I just love your baskets ... they are too cute!!! You are always so inspiring and so very creative. Thanks for sharing this great idea!
~Karen

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Hi Sis,
What a fabulous tutorial...way to go! The Easter Cups are the cutest ever! I really like the ones with glitter too. Awesome!

Stay Cozy,
Carrie

Pinkie Denise said...

I love these sweet things! How cute are they...I just bought a bunch of old baking tins at the thrift, I am going to have to try this Thank you for sharing Diane

Priscila said...

what a fun project! Thanks for sharring...the colors are lovely

The Pink Door said...

too kind sharing your idea..I love the nuts cups they even more precious in person! ;)
love ya mom

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Just the cutest project ever! Love the Spring colors.

maryboys said...

i have a small stash of these...and now i know what to do with them:) simply adorable...thanks for the tutorial!

Shelley G in Iowa said...

So clever! I have so many of these molds. I can't resist them, but haven't done much with them either! Thanks for the inspiration!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

These are adorable!! Love them!!

Piper said...

I love these little things. They are darling. We have very similar taste.
Piper