Sunday, March 22, 2009

WEEKEND PROJECT & SATURDAYFINDS

On the cover of Better Homes was this darling
Picture of an Egg Carton Basket. So I thought
Ummm.. I 'm going to have eggs this morning
why not crack them so just the top is removed
dip them in my trusty dyes and then let them dry.
And then I took my egg carton and cut a section off
added some old wire for the handle ( Just had a bundle
in my Garage Sale goods) and it started looking like
a basket. Used some spanish moss for the grass
and then a little soil and a wee bitty spider plant plucked
from my garden. Added a Spring tag that
 had been dipped in my leftover
coffee, (Smells Yummy) a bow and It's Done!
I really like the way it Turned out (:

Not a whole lot of finds this weekend but
this pretty ribbon on spools is a great find
and a $1 for the lot, I know just gotta love that.

This Little Spring Cottage is a Find at TJ Max
It is real cute it just needs a little more bling.
I just set that other pink Bottle  Brush tree there to 
see how it looks. So I am going to add my touches!

These are some new Buttons I found from a Darling
seller on Etsy. They came to me in California all the
way from Canada. Lot's of pretties in this lot.

Ok Then these are a little more of my Saturdayfinds. 
Some rescued Christmas Bulbs, a lot of satin ones which
are perfect for crafty projects. And then some Pink Trim!

I sure hope you are having a Wonderful Weekend, and I do 
always look forward to stopping on
over to other Blogs to see Everyones Treasures. 
It Sure has been slow on Etsy. I have loads of
my Little Favor Baskets for Sale and I have not
 sold a 1 in a week. It has to be all this doom and
gloom in the news. I Think they are priced right,
In fact they are priced pretty low.
Well We just Have to  keep a positive 
attitude and keep creating! 
If you have Any input or advice on this 
it is much appreciated. 

Hugs & Kisses,


16 comments:

Lori said...

Diane, i think that little egg crate basket is the cutest thing!!! hang in there with the sales thing...i think they are down for a lot of people right now...your favor baskets are adorable...i am sure someone will find them and snatch them up!!!

creative breathing said...

Hi Diane! I am looking for someone to take my felt garlands. Would you be interested in those? If so please leave your address at my flickr mail or in the comment section under your name, or at mermaidmom46@columbus.rr.com. Thanks for helping me spring clean! PS I absolutely love my wall posey I ordered! Elizabeth

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

SWEET EGGS!

...love Maegan said...

that little egg basket is so cute! You're so crafty!

Shari said...

Love your little egg carton basket! You can make anything into something cute!!

I have to say that those two pink pillows in the background are the sweetest, most interesting pillows I've ever seen!! Love them!

You are so right, all this endless gloom and doom that the media keeps selling isn't helping, that's for sure. They are making folks afraid to buy anything, which of course just makes our situation worse. Hang in there, things are bound to turn around.

Andrea said...

I really like how your basket turned out too! Love it.

I hope your business turns around for the better.

Nice post,
Andrea

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I just love your egg carton basket...it turned out perfect! Better than the one on the magazine!

Stay Positive & Creative,
Carrie

creative breathing said...

Hi Diane, Thanks for playing along with my blog giveaway. Try guessing again! I've added another clue. What's wrong with this picture involves my cluelessness! E

Stephenie said...

I just love your little basket.. You did an amazing job...I just love how you embellished it...
Stephenie

Gypsy Mermaid said...

hey! Thanks for coming to my blog and visiting!! I love what you made I am going to have to try and make one of those egg carts. Big mermaid hugs

toodles-
sarah

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
I agree with Carrie, Your's is WAY better than the one on the magazine cover. I looked at the magazine while at the grocery store. Maybe you should send them a copy of yours!!
Love all your finds. Buttons are always fun to have. Do we ever have enough of them?!
Warmly,
Deb

Cottage Flair said...

Great job on the egg basket. It kind of inspires me to make one! I love finding old trims and buttons for a bargain.
Jennifer
www.cottageflair.com

Lori said...

Diane! Oh I love the little house!! Didn't see that one when I bought my big one! Can't wait to see the tags!!! Eggs adorable too! Lori

The Vintage Housewife... said...

ooooh i wanna got junkin with you...you find great stuff...thanks for swingin by my place....cat

koralee said...

Cute blog...your egg basket turned out better than the one on the cover...i have that issue..you inspired me to make one...

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Diane! Your egg basket turned out so cute. When I saw the cover of BH&G, I wanted to make one too. Haven't yet... I think you've inspired me to make one now.
-Karoline
PS I'm having a giveaway, stop by for a peek if you're interested!