Saturday, June 13, 2009

GARAGE SALE TREASURES


SATURDAY MORNING
GARAGE SALE 
SATURDAYFINDS


 Saturday Morning Alarm Rings 7:00 A. M.
Grab my funky jeans bra and a T-shirt and
head on out to the kitchen. Get that coffee brewing!!
And then off I go to hit the sales
My 2nd Sale I hit the Jackpot!
This Antique Convex Frame with darling
Hand tinted Picture $5



This cute little plastic Policeman
with a little spring head
And this glass insert with pretty
rose appliques. It was originally
part of an old Iron Tray...
It sure is very Cottage Chic!

I just fell in love with these sweet satin
Baby Crib shoes. A white pair in the
original box and a butter cream yellow
pair.


This is a very nice vintage pair of
ornate milk glass candlesticks. 
The lady having the sale had a former business
making footed Plate Servers.

These are some of her creations darling
so I thought I would buy her candlesticks
so I could make a couple of them myself.


I just need to research what type of
glue to use. She did say I could find it
at Michael's crafts. So when I track it
down I will show you all how to make them

I hope you enjoyed a glimpse of some of my Saturday Yard 
Sale treasures. I sure did have fun this morning, it's always fun
to get out on Saturday mornings when things are quite. I am
usually home by 9:00. You know the saying "the early bird
catches the worm" That sure is right when it comes to
yard Sales! 


14 comments:

NicNacManiac said...

Excellent Diane,

Not only did you find some fabulous goodies you also found inspiration.
All in all a successful day!!
I hope you are not missing your daughter too much!!
Take Care!
Nerina :)

Pieceful Bits said...

Thank you for sharing your pretties! Happy Weekend
(~~)
Julie

roseylittlethings said...

Great finds! I would think you could use E6000 glue it seems to work on everything!

Holly said...

Hi, Diane! I had fun treaure hunting yesterday too but we didn't get out there quite as early as you! I'd love to hear what type of glue you use. ♥

Lori said...

Diane, i love your new hostess picture...you look SO pretty...great finds...the picture is just fantastic...and i do love those little shoes!!!

Lori said...

Diane
I love it all!!!! I have one of those candlesticks, milkglass and have to make one! I also have a large shallow lattice bowl with that base. The little boy is adorable! I believe I heard there is a porcelain or glass glue to make it permanent. When I do mine I prefer plain old hot glue. The reason I like to use this glue is if I tire of it I can pop it off. A few seconds in the freezer will do it. One thing is when gluing glass with hot glue you have to work fast and accurately cause it glues very fast! Have fun and can't wait to see your results! Lori

Altered Artists said...

FYI you can go to thistothat.com to answer your question. But as a seasoned artist I recommend Crafter's Pick Ultimate Glue
http://www.crafterspick.com/allpurposeglue.html

Love your blog I have been following for awhile...
Good luck~Dawn

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Hi Diane...I have used that E6000 glue before too. It works very well!

Love all of your new treasures...I didn't have as much luck but I did find a few things.

Love Ya,
Carrie

Le_Vintage said...

i am sooo jealous of that lovely antique photograph you found thats a real treasure- you must have some amazing local garage sales.

if you have any time to stop by i'm having a cute tag swap on my blogging end if you want to check it out.

xoxo
Le Vintage

Judi said...

You found some great buys..the frame is lovely...the little shoes so pretty. Good for you for being so ambitious so early in the morning.
thank you for sharing...
have fun...and have a lovely day.
Judi
come by and visit when you have some time...

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh yes! I agree, you have to get there early to get the best stuff! You hit the jackpot! Love the pedestals! Twyla

Elyse said...

wow! look at these finds! and on 1 cup of coffee? nicely done!

xo

Margie said...

I love the candle stick plate!! I have lots of little plates and now I have a project for them!
Too Cute ~ Margie

Stephenie said...

You really found some pretty treasures...I just love the baby shoes...They're adorable...I just bought a pair last weekend when I went shopping....I also love your candle holders also...
Stephenie