Monday, June 22, 2009

THE COTTAGE CHIC COLORS of SUMMER


SUMMER COLORS RED WHITE & BLUE
Summer is upon us July 4th
is right around the corner.
Time to gather all your Red
White and Blue Vintage Goodies
and create little special Groupings

I really think all these little Vintage treasures I've gathered
do make you think of July celebrations.
I am sure you all have some bits and bobs
around your home you can find to create
your own Cottage Chic Summer Displays!

I just did a very quick look around my Studio
to find things that say to me Summer Vacation.
There was always those summer Birthday Parties
and lot's of B&W Photos taken jam packed  full of memories.



And then with Summer there are lot's of
barbecues and corn on the cob, usually the
fruit trees are plentiful, which means time for
some homemade jams. 
I just love my red bakelite ladle it works perfectly
for filling my Jam Jars.
And that other Utensil is a Angel Food Cake Slicer.

These little red and white kitchen goodies
make for a perfect Cottage Kitchen Summer Display
Go ahead and  look around your House I 'm sure you can come
up with some outstanding Displays of your own.
There are no Rules be Creative.

I sure would love to see your arrangements, so send me a photo or 
Post a picture on your Blog. It's all about what makes you feel
good. You know that feeling we get with our vintage treasures
that "Warm Fuzzy Feeling" It's a comfort thing.
 Hugs,


16 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I can't wait to get started looking for my "cozy summer comforts". I love yours! Of course I am really partial to red...

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Amy said...

Great ideas. I love all of your vintage pretty's!

Holly said...

Cute ideas, Diane! I'm going to make a display with my navy blue Currier and Ives dishes and pull some of the red out of my kitchen to add to it! ♥

NicNacManiac said...

Gorgeous vintage fun summer party goodies!! Now just call up everyone and have a blast!!
Have a great day!!
Nerina xOxO

snowflakesoneyelashes said...

What a great collection of items you have. I love that enamelware bowl, I have a few of those I need to dig out so I can get my 4th of July goodies set up.

Storybook Woods said...

Oh I love your patriotic goodies. It makes me think watermelon, fireworks, roasted marshmallow, swimming in a lake. All the special things of summer. Clarice

Margie said...

Very Patriotic! Love everything and one of my favorites is the little dress I had seen previously on your blog. I need to get my flags out! Margie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Hurray for 1 soon to be closing as we call it here!!
Love your Red, White and Blue...I do have some enamel pans with red rims..guess I should look around and get in the spirit of the 4th..
Warmly,
Deb :)

icandy... said...

You are sooo set for the 4th!!!! Your goodies and "Saturday finds" looks so patriotic! Don't you just love summer? What a great blog you have, I'll be back!!! :)

Lori said...

what cute displays Diane!!!

glenda said...

Hooray for the Red, White, and blue. I love Americana, too.
Your post is so sweet..it's eye candy to me, cause RED is my favorite color...

creative breathing said...

Diane, What a wonderful idea you have given us. You find the most interesting vintage things in California. Red, ahhh, my favorite color! E

TattingChic said...

Love the red, white, and blue goodies! Very fun and colorful photos!:)

twinkleshabbystar said...

I adore this patriotic colorful post! So bright and happy! Your collection of vintage goodies is just amazing! ;) XO,Jenn

Stephenie said...

I just love your red, white, and blue treasures...Love all the vintage goodies..
Stephenie

Nina said...

Love you photos! I was wondering if you are interested in selling the "send snapshots in every letter" envelopes. If so please email me. THANKS,
NINA