Wednesday, June 17, 2009

ViNtAgE PaPeR PaTtErNs


Vintage Paper Pattern Ruffles and Flowers

I scored on  some great Vintage Patterns.
Some are no where good enough for re-sale
So those are the ones I'm using to make
my Paper ruffles and flowers.
The Paper is aged to perfection!
It is in My Etsy Shop $13

The delicately Ruffled Patterns will
Give your Art such a sense of fragile femininity

I started by picking some pretty  
vintage millinery flowers from my collection
And I sure do love these with the rhinestone centers.
When I purchased them they were in
much need state of a good hot steam to open up the petals.
And it worked they really look charming.

So I am going to back each one with a pattern
paper flower. Start with a circle, and cut it out
with your fun scissors.
I just pick something around the Studio
for my Template.

I have my trusty glue gun on and ready
for action. I just kinda pinched the paper
at the back add a dab a glue to the back of
your Flower and There you have it a Darling
Vintage Embellishment!

I really think these embellishments are
just what I needed to complete my Posy

Well I think I've had enough of a Break blogging, I better get back 
to work. I want to get a few projects completed for the Shop.
I Will Post This Posy To Share when I am Finished
Thanks for stopping by I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial.
ox

14 comments:

Le_Vintage said...

Diane, thanks for showing us that lovely vintage twist to millinery flowers. you're tutorials are always so helpful and i'm always curious what you're studio looks like, it must be adorable. i wish i could work that clever with old patterns, i have tons around the house from the kids.

xoxo
Le Vintage

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
I wondered what "crafter's" did with old patterns. Thanks for sharing your idea with us.
Happy Crafting!!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Barb said...

Very cute Diane.
Do we get to see it finished, or did i miss something?

blessings,
Barbara jean

Karen said...

Hi Diane,
I love all your wonderful finds. You certainly have been hitting all the right places!
I love the idea of the vintage candle sticks and plate on your last post! What a wonderful idea!
Have a great Thursday,
Karen

Pieceful Bits said...

Sweetness Diane! That babe's face is darling!
(~~)
Julie

Lori said...

Diane
Yesterday i just pulled out some old patterns i don't need to play with! Cute idea! I adore that little character blowing out his candles! So cute! Love ya, Lori P.S. I am looking for a bride and groom card sort of 50's ish retro to make into a cake topper for a fake cake for my daughters shower, if you come across one give me a jiggle!

Barb said...

Diane,
Thanks for coming to visit my new blog shop.

I'll look forward to seeing the rest of your project done.=0)

blessings,
Barbara jean

vivian said...

hi Diane! what a great idea to use the vintage pattern paper like that. I always love thoss card pockets you make!
have a sweet day!
vivina

laurie - magpie ethel said...

I love crafting with old patterns - they do have a lovely vintage color. The flower idea is spectacular....turned out really cute.

Stephenie said...

I love your vintage patterns..what a great idea to use for crafting..I love your heart...That little boy blowing out the candle is so sweet...
Stephenie

KatCollects said...

What a great idea for patterns. I use them to wrap gifts in but ruffles would be cute for collages. And the flowers are very sweet. I hope you have a good weekend.
Hugs,
Kathy

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

There is just something I love about pattern ruffles. Maybe it's the color, or the sheerness. Who knows, but I have gotten hooked. Great heart pocket.

Joy for the Journey said...

Adorable! I always wonder about what else to do with old patterns. Thanks for the inspiration :)
Sarah

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love your pattern paper flowers too! So creative!

Love ya, Carrie