Saturday, July 11, 2009

AND TODAY I GOT A LATE START


WELL THERE IS SOMETHING SAID FOR BEING LATE
Today I took my time getting ready made my coffee and
watered the lawn, fed the dog, put on a little makeup
 and then I headed out to hit a few Garage Sales.

If you know me I am ready super early, ready to
go at least an hour before the advertised starting
times. Well not today I almost passed on going out
at all. And look at the Treasures I found in spite
of being late. And since it was a HOT morning
people were willing to make deals!

Are these Juicy Couture Leather Ballet Slippers
and pouch a great find? Perfect price $3

The dolls were priced $15 and $10 in the 
Early morning hours, but when I was ready to shop 
my whole grouping was $14
And I was told earlier they had a tub filled with
 played with Madame Alexander dolls for $2
Now see if I was there in the wee hours
I would have settled for those.
But the fact that I was a bit later they were 
wheeling and dealing prices.

Charming rotating Vintage Rubber Stamp Rack and Stamps
And the musical Beatrix Potter Bunny a $1 each

These Art Books were from the last Sale I hit
I think there is 10 of them and I got them all
for a steal 50 cents, yes all 10 books!

Well it was very interesting how things worked out this morning.
I guess I won't be so stressed about being up and out of the house
so early next weekend. When the weather gets warmer like it is the 
garage sellers like to close up shop early. And that makes it a winning 
situation for us Treasure Hunters. No don't get feeling sorry for yourself 
thinking I had all this "GOOD LUCK" after all this sweet goodness I get
a phone call on my business line that the buyer wants to cancel Escrow,
**NEWS FLASH**  SUNDAY ESCROW BACK ON crazy Business. 
Let's Keep a Positive Outlook on Life shall we!

Hope your weekend is going well
Hugs & Kisses,


13 comments:

NicNacManiac said...

Oh my gosh, those are really great goodies you picked up today.....see not only does the early bird get the worm, but so does the primped one who has her coffee and took her time.

Positivity is definately the way to go today, we'll deal with tomorrow when it comes.
Hugs, Nerina :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Sorry to hear about your buyer wanting to cancel...hubby just got home from showing houses...foreclosures...so the commission won't be great...but it's money in the pocket...sometime soon.
One never know when the deals will be at garage sales...you SCORED today!! Love the stamp holder.
Have a great evening!
Warmly,
Deb :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The dolls are just precious and you found some wonderful treasures. Hope things work out with your buyer. It's hard on everyone right now.

Barb said...

Great finds girl!!
Love that vintage rubber stamp holder.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

oldflowers4me said...

even me -who lives down a dirt road...know's who Juicy Couture is-what a buy...singing and skipping-jo

Lori said...

oh, that is IT Diane!!! i have got to come visit and hit the garage sales near you!!! LOL...i LOVE those dolls!!! so sweet they are:)

Denise said...

Great thrifty finds!

I have been on the lookout for a vintage rubber stamp holder, for my scrapbook room!

The dolls are beautiful, they bring back some memories!

XXDenise

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Positive thoughts floating your way! You found some great treasures. I'm one of those people who think you have to be there early, but I always think if it's meant to be mine, it'll still be there when I get there. Twyla

Fleur de Bee said...

What marvelous finds!! Let me know if you decide to sell the ballerina doll with the red sash!

Molly

suzeeez said...

Great finds!! Don't you just love treasure hunting....it's the only way to shop!
:o) Sue

Dolly said...

Whooohooo..... the early bird does not always get the worm huh!
:-)

I am lovin those red pot holders....very cherry sweet!

Have a fun week
XOXO
Dolly

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What fabulousities!

Lucky Sister...

Love ya, Carrie

Lori said...

Diane
Adorable dolls! Loved the images in the previous post. I so hope next week to get to a place I've found cards at before! I haven't been out in a long time and miss the dusty smell of a antique shop! LOL! Lori