Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Humble Neighborhood Tag Sales



Recent Tag and Estate Sale Finds
No Need to travel to Europe's finest Flea and Tag Sales
Most of Us need travel no more then a mile or two
to join the Hunt!

You sure would be surprised what treasures are waiting to be found
in just mapping out and going to some of your local Estate 
& Rummage Sales. Keep in mind each and every household
has stuff that has been passed down through the family.
And then when they plan that garage Sale a few of those
collectables make it out to the sale!

This is a grouping from two different Sales this Weekend.
And I can assure you there was more to be had!
The Vintage Jewelry was a steal for 25 cents
Vintage purses a $1

The pretty pink Pyrex Gooseberry Bowls came home
with me for $5 for the three, the pillowcases 50 cents!
Keep in Mind Pink Pyrex is always in demand
so whenever you spot it grab it!

This Anniversary Compote $2 and tablecloths $1
I am always asked how do you know what to buy, well I guess
it is some knowledge but also a  bit of trial and error.
And most of all going with the weather our not I like it!

I am very (cheap) I mean frugal, so I really make 
a whole lot of decisions based on price. These yellow
Monogramed towels Came straight off the
Towel Racks. Aren't they great "His" and "Hers"
And just a few bucks!

Large Outstanding Tole Tray, very minor wear $5
The Large Metal Bowls $2 for the pair!

Can you spot that California Souvenir Tablecloth
No how sweet is that, and in lovely well cared
for condition!

These Magazines from the 1940's were found
at the Church Rummage Sale for $1 each

I do want you to keep in mind when I do go out to Sales I always look
For things other then Vintage. Stuff I might need around my place. Or 
gifts and clothes for myself or the grand babies. The next post I will
share the other half of what I found. So until then I am off to get busy
photographing and getting this loot in my Shop! Thanks for popping by.

Hugs & Kisses,


29 comments:

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Wow! You made out like a bandit! I LOVE the Southern Bell pillowcases. And the purses. And I the beaded gloves. I think I have a pair exactly like them, though I have to admit I haven't seen them in a long, long time.
Great finds!
Patricia :o)

suzeeez said...

Wow,I'm jealous....you did great today. You really got some neat items and great prices. I go out every saturday too. I got a few things today but you did better. I do agree though.....it's the only way to shop!
:o) Sue

Mama Brook said...

I am just in LOVE with that silver clutch! You would have had to fight me for it :)

And you know I love that pyrex!

Lori said...

Diane
Oh such yummy finds! What really caught my eye was the pearly purses!!! Lori And the anniversary compote to cute!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Love that pink Pyrex!!

Outstanding Stranger said...

Boy would I love to TAG along with you..Two Diane's could have a blast. We like alot of the same things. Always pretty, usually vintage and always a good price. Hugs, Diane

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Fabulous Finds! How many sales did you get to?

Amy said...

Oh...I love the vintage magaiznes. How fun to look throught those. Great finds!

Pieceful Bits said...

You are the Queen!
(~~)
Julie

Denise said...

Wow, you got some really great things!

I couldn't believe it when I saw the large metal bowl. My dad used to serve popcorn every Sunday night in a bowl just like that one. My sister and I were just talking about it the other day and were wishing one of us still had it!

XXDenise

Lori said...

oh, you always find such good things Diane...love the baubles and those very sweet gloves!!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Cuteness abounds at your house! You do find the sweetest things!!!! I hear ya when you say that you have it "down" in what you buy. After awhile, you tend to find that niche in what is hot and not.

Thank you for you sweetest of words in saying that Jordan makes you smile when you visit my blog. EVERYONE he knew says that very same thing. When Jordan smiled, so did everyone else - and he had an infectious laugh as well.

I am so sad to hear about the loss of your stepson. I know your pain all toooo well.

Blessings to you and your family,
Becky

Stephenie said...

Love all your new treasures..You found so many amazing things..Love the pearl purse...Just so pretty..
STephenie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
LOVE your FINDS!!! You sure SCORED big time with such great prices and treasures!!!
LOVE the pink bowls!!!
Can't wait to see what else you found.
Warmly,
Deb :)

What makes you happy? said...

These certainly are fab finds!

Dime Store Thrift said...

Seriously.Good.Buys.

What makes you happy? said...

Hello again I've popped back to thank you for taking the time to welcome me to blogging.

Jenny said...

You found so many great things. Don't you love it when the hunt turns out like that? I really like the tole tray and the pink Pyrex. Good scores all!

vivian said...

would love to look through those old magazines! also the pink pyrex is sweet!
Im not a patient hunter.. which doesnt make a good treasure finder! I need lessons!
hugs
vivian

creative breathing said...

Dear Diane, I didn't want to ask anyone to make a block but oh my gosh did I have my heart crossed that you would be a Dear Reader who would respond. I am overjoyed. I am getting to work on yours, right now! Can't wait! Elizabeth

Jenny said...

Diane, thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower! I am so glad to have found your blog because I love yard sale adventures looking for vintage things. I'll look forward to your future posts :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, you did good! How do you part with it all?! Twyla

Ellen said...

love all these sweet finds! Those vintage handbags are super duper!

red.neck chic said...

Oh my goodness...is the little silver bag a whiting davis? And the jewels! Oh, I'm drooling over your finds - all of it gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

Shelley said...

Love all your finds.They are wonderful...thanks for sharing them...

Blessings

Britt @ Sweet Sassy Molassy! said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's no nice to "meet" you I'm in awe over your blog, you have so much wonderful treasure! We have the same taste! I'm going to poke around your blog some more, it's fantastic! Keep in touch new friend!
xox
Britt

saraeden said...

Wow what great finds , how i wish we had sales like that in the UK , its been to wet lately to get out to our nearest boot sale so iam missing finding treasures !!

Sara x

Joy said...

I love garage saling too but I found out I can't take my dh along. He doesn't look he breezes in and out so fast it's crazy...hehehe. You found some great items.

Cindy Caraway said...

I love your blog! I stumbled upon it about a year ago and knew I had found a kindred spirit. I am passing along the "One Lovely Blog Award" to you. Please visit my blog to find out more about it!