Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back To Crafting!

For Some of you It's Back to School
For Me It's Back to Crafting!

So Time to clear some space on my Art Table
(this is a corner of my Art table)
Get out the fun Embellishments and Get to Work!

I am busy working on a few different
Birthday Posy Buckets for my Shop.
Hope to get a couple completed this week!

I just keep adding more sweet-goodness has I go.
And then I need to add the pail/type handle.
I have not made any of these for my Etsy Shop
for awhile, so I promise to make sure these
ones get there!

And of Course The Artists Signature
To make it Complete!

Oh yes I wanted to share with you girls
a project that I have done. I am using this
complete all in tact puzzle for an example.

But what I do when I find one of these old wood
puzzles missing a piece I snatch them up for
pennies at the garage sales.

And then I take each Piece add a good
size magnet to the back of it and....
Drum roll please......................

You've got some darling Magnets for
the fridge, and boy do my grand-babies
love when I position them on the lower
half of the fridge for their delight!

I picked up a small bag of old
wood blocks yesterday at my local
Thrift Shop, so I just had to share a few!
I 'm sure they will become very useful
in an Art Project!
Until then they just adorn the Studio!

This little Silver-plated Sugar Bowl sits
on my Art table and becomes a catch all.
And then once it's filled to the top I take
the little treasures and put them back
where they belong.

Summer is winding down for a lot of us, the children are starting back
to school. I am sure for most that is a welcomed thing. Every
one back in their routines. We still have a few more plans here
before we move on to the next Season. Have a great rest of your
week and I will be back with some more Eye-candy real soon!
In fact I Think I need to Post an End of Summer Giveaway!!
So stay tuned (;

OX,


19 comments:

Cindy Caraway said...

Hi Diane,
I loved this post and seeing the new goodies you're making. The puzzle piece magnets are sweet!
Cheers,
Cindy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I can't wait to get back to crafting, too! We've been moving and I miss my projects!

vivian said...

great idea for the magnets! I bet your grandchildren love them. cant wait to see your new creations!
hugs
vivian

icandy... said...

So wonderful, Diane! You have so many playful items to craft with... and look at! I just love the whimsy! :) Have fun!!!

Hugs!

My Shabby Roses said...

What pretty and fun things you are crafting with.
I love the idea for fridge magnets, pretty clever!

Amy said...

I love the puzzle magnet idea!!! Thanks for sharing your cleverness!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Love the magnet idea :) You are so creative! Just love visiting your blog and seeing your treasures.
How fun to have a giveaway...maybe this time I'll be the LUCKY one!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

We still have 3 more weeks until school starts up here! I love summer...Fall will be here soon enough!

As usual, your goodies are wonderful. Love the puzzle magnet!

Love you, Carrie

a mermaids purse said...

such a wonderful blog filled with all ur arty treasures! such beauty and delight x kazzy x

Holly said...

Good morning, Diane! I LOVE that bunny card in the first pic! ♥

Lori said...

Diane, your magnet idea is SO cute...very clever too, i love it!!!

Shanda said...

Loved my visit here today, you are so very creative and just full if ideas. I will definetly be back for another visit.

Shanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pamela said...

Are you from Utah, I love all your stuff. My 4 year old would love those magnets. I think I have a few of those puzzles laying around!!

Cave Creek Antiques said...

Your birthday posy buckets are so cute! What a great idea!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Everything is so cute over here!! Love the posy buckets and the little magnets is a great idea too!

creative breathing said...

Diane, It is so much fun to see your creative process! I'm holding myself back from this cute birthday bucket. I just have to add a Christmas Posey to my collection. Can't wait for those! Such a fun post! E

Elise said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
natalea said...

Love the magnet idea! so cute!
xo natalea