Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fluffed My Cottage Home


A Little Peek Into Our California
Cottage Home

I guess it was all the beautiful Pictures
of my dear friend Jennifer's new
transformed home that got me thinking.
How grateful I am for my California Cottage.
I started to remember all the changes we
had made to our own home over the years.
And most of it was done by us.

**** Our Living Room ****
We had to get all the crazy popcorn off the ceilings
And added the Recessed lighting
The Fireplace was that 70's fake rock
We transformed it added a faux marble look!

*** Our Kitchen ***
Now this is our transformed Kitchen
Before we tore it apart down to the
bare walls my husband wanted a picture
of what we wanted. So I looked through
magazines and books until I cam e upon
this Ad for Bosch yes an advertisement was
our whole inspiration!!

Sorry about the glare on my photo
but the ad itself we laminated, I had
to otherwise by the time the project was
over it would have been ruined.
And it is always a great conversation piece (:
Pretty good match, and we did it all ourselves.
Even our cabinets are custom built by hubby!

*** Bar Area ***

*** Another Angle of Living Room ***
Hubby built that Cabinet on the wall with the T.V.
Mounted on the wall and there is a back panel
painted the wall color so it hides all cables and cords!
The French Slider we also added it was just a window
now we have great flow out to the side patio.
Anyway I promise I will show you more another Post.


*** Hydrangeas Beautiful Cottage Colors ***
And now onto the pretty flowers that
fill my sink today. I am cutting these beauties
before they completely die outside.
So I can dry them out, if you rinse them well
and remove all leaves and put them in a vase
with water until they dry.


These Flowers were a Beautiful Bright Pink
and now they are turning color, a more subtle
Antique Cottage Color

Each Year I dry some out to add to my
flower arrangements around my Home.
It is very easy and lovely to change
things up a bit!

Well I better get going it's 6:oo Sunday night and I have
a Pot of Spaghetti Sauce on the stove. I still have a little
more to do in my Studio and my Shop. Have a great Monday!
And Thanks for popping by (:
Hugs & Kisses


12 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love your house, Diane. You and Hubby did such a fabulous job with it! Looks just like the inspiration photo! So calming & relaxing!

Love you, Carrie

vivian said...

so pretty! Love that kitchen and your husband must be very talented!
thanks for showing us!
I want a cottage!

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Diane beautiful photos of your home. What a fabulous job your husband did of the kitchen.
Alison

Jenny said...

The pictures of your home are so nice! The shade of the hydrangeas looks perfect with your living room colors. That you and your husband did the work is very impressive-- I'd love to have you come to Maryland and redo my kitchen-ha-I'm sure once was plenty!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful home!

XXDenise

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Your home is beautiful just like you!! and your flowers too!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It was so much fun getting to see your home! It is so pretty! I especially loved your kitchen. Those hydrangeas were heavenly. Have a nice week! Twyla

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Diane I love your kitchen. All of your special touches throughout are what make it YOU, which makes it beautiful.

oxox
Jennifer

Lindy said...

Wow, aren't you lucky to have such a "handy" husband! I love the tip on drying out hydrangeas. Never would have thought to keep them in water. I buy them dried at one of my favorite stores. I usually replace them every year or so as they get dusty and faded. I'm not a fan of artificial flowers; my father was a farm boy and won't allow them in our house! I also like dried bittersweet.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Oh how I love your kitchen! It has a modern yet vintage appeal, at the same time. Y'all did a great job!

Love teh ruffles you make out of vintage patterns & will steal that idea. ;o)

Aimee said...

Gorgeous pictures. You did a great job...

If you get a chance, stop by my Blog for a visit and say hi! I just put up a new post...
Have a great weekend,
Aimee

Stephenie said...

Oh Wow, everything looks so pretty.. I just adore your kitchen.. The color is amazing..
STephenie