Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Mom My Inspiration!


Today August 27th Is a Very Special Day
Today is my Moms 80th Birthday!!
"Happy Birthday Mom"

What a beautiful woman she is on the Outside and
such a warm an loving woman on the inside.

I am one of Seven Children from a beautiful
Large Catholic Family of the 60's
This is a very Rare Picture of me with my Mommy
I used this photo to make her Birthday Card
I love her Maternity Top she's wearing yes you
heard me right, my sister
Carrie AKA Cottage Cozy was born a year after me!
My Mom made her Blouse isn't it just darling?

And here is My Mom on Her Wedding Day
With her Mother our Grandma another
Woman with a heart of Gold

What a Beautiful Bride, and that dress was over
the top. And a little FYI my youngest Sister
Mary Wore the same Dress on her Wedding Day!

We were so Lucky to have such an incredible Woman
to guide us through our lives. She still is always
available to chat on the phone with us, and keep
all 7 of us kids in check, constantly teaching us the
Strength in the "Power of Positive Thinking"

Here is a Pretty little Paper Posy
Pocket on am currently working on.

I am really enjoying the look of
paper ruffles made from my vintage
sewing patterns.
I started with a pink crepe ruffle
and then added a double layer ruffle
using the paper pattern pieces!

And I love adding those vintage pattern papers
to the back of my Vintage Millinery.
It's just scrumptious!

Here are some more Birthday Party
Cupcake picks that I've added to my Shop!
I am selling them in sets of 12
But I can easily Reserve a Custom Listing for
a Larger Quantity.

Well I have completed these little
Vintage Inspired favor Cups
Using Sweet little Ice Cream Single
Scoop Wax Cups. I will adding these to
my Shop this Weekend.

This is just a little sneak peek
of some 50's Party Favor Cups
I just purchased and will be
embellishing them and also
offering them for Sale soon.

And these Pyrex nesting Bowls are one
of my latest Estate Sale Finds.
I think this is my second set of these
in one year. I have listed this set for
sale on E-bay this week. They are
in very close to excellent condition.

Well I hope you enjoyed your Week so far , I have been a bit lazy this week
I think I am just getting tired of this Warm Summer weather. I am ready for
a change.At least where we live close to the coast, our nights cool down
so by opening up the windows after 5:00 and we turn on the recently
installed All House Fan (thanks Hubby) the house becomes a perfect temp.
Well I better get back to doing something productive here. You take care
and have a great rest of your week!

Hugs,


19 comments:

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi Diane,
Huba Hubba! You're mom had the sexiest legs! Wow! The ladies from her era sure knew how to dress to impress without showing everything.

The cupcake picks are so cute and so is the paper posie. Very sweet!
Patricia :o)

Lori said...

your mom is so pretty Diane...what a sweet picture that is of the two of you...your new posy pocket is really cute, i love how the pattern tissue looks too...your cupcake picks are adorable!!!

LiLi M. said...

Congrats to your mom! You made such a heart warming post that I simply had to response! I wish your mother and all your sibblings many happy and healthy years to come.

Pieceful Bits said...

first of all Happy 80 Diane's mom!!!!
I have 2 of the white pyrex bowls.
I also have a whole house fan. When we built our house 10 years ago we decided it was much needed. It was a great buy. It does bring in such cool breezes at night...brrrr! Save on the air conditioning.
Your cupcake picks are adorable. Wouldn't those treat cups look perfect at your Christmas party?!!!
(~~)
Julie

NicNacManiac said...

Happy Birthday to your Mommy!! You are so fortunate to have those fabulous photos of her in her heyday...she looks sensational. Love all of your creative treasures!! Keep cool and enjoy the rest of the day!! xOxO Hugs, Nerina

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

What precious memories!
The photos are fabulous~~ one hot momma!

The Pink Door said...

I hope Grandma had a great Birthday!! She's so gorgeous, I love seeing those old pics, you look alot like her.
LOve all your new creations and treasures..you rock mom!
oxox
Bree

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your creations are so pretty! I just love what you do with the patterns. Your mother is a special lady and so pretty! I hope she had a wonderful birthday and has many more! Twyla

KatCollects said...

I hope your beautiful Mom had a wonderful Birthday! My Brother and I are 362 days apart with our Birthdays. Yes a year minus 3 days : )
Kathy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Happy Birthday to your lovley Mom!
I just love seeing your creations and how fun to use patterns. Sure wish we lived by each other..oh what fun we would have!!!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Lori said...

Diane
Happy Birthday to the inspiration of you! She is such a beautiful woman, and I do see much of you in her! Some great creations lately! Have a wonderful upcoming week! Love,Lori

creative breathing said...

Diane, Of course I will send you the little kit. Kind of embarrassing to send scraps to someone of your talent - but I know you will have fun seeing the photos. I loved today's post. You and your sister look just like your mother! Beautiful! Seven children! My husband as well is one of seven. I think there was something to large Catholic families - I have never met such close siblings in my life. I am so lucky to be a part of their family. I am lurking about your shop today to snag an ice cream cup! Your wedding posy is going to be amazing. Love the vintage patterns, must get one of those too! E

Lindy said...

Your mom is so pretty. You should post a picture of your sister in the same wedding gown for all to see!

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

What a beautiful momma!!! You have been a busy bee, and are finding wonderful things, and making delicious looking pretties...the colors are just fantastic. Like bowls of ice cream with sprinkles...just so pretty.

Sandy said...

Those wonderful little pastel plastic nuts cups you have....I had 10 packages of these I had bought back in the 1980's at a store called Woolco....I finally decided I didn't know what to do with them abnd gave them to Good Will years ago....I wish I hadn't...... :)

Stephenie said...

Love this post about your mom.. She's such a beautiful lady.. What amazing pictures.. Love the wedding picture..
Love the paper posey..
STephenie

Shari said...

Hi Diane! Finally I am out catching up on my visiting! Love this tribute to your mom. She is a beauty - and what an amazing, busy life, being mom to seven children! You all are so blessed to still have her with you. Love the picture of the two of you together!!

Clarity said...

Hi Diane,

I saw your link from Nerina's sidebar, saw this link to your mother's 80th birthday. She sounds like a lovely positive person. Is she bubbly or calm? I can't tell from what you've written. Best, Clar.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Obviously beauty runs in your family! :)