Monday, September 7, 2009

A Little Behind the Scenes How Did you Do That?


Since It is an Official 3 Day Holiday Weekend
I took full advantage of being off work.
No disruptions all PLAY TIME


So I have been busy In my Studio getting
some new Creations ready for my Shop

During The Summer I found a bag of these
plastic Christmas reindeer. I really
thought they needed a bit of Holiday Sparkle!
I painted them with white Glue and then
dusted them with glitter. I will show
you the whole flock when I get them completed.

And this is an overview of some of
my completed projects.

I have made some new Vintage Inspired
Cupcake Picks I sell them by the Dozen
Each one is dusted with glitter accents
and I add a little satin bow, and then
I paint some pink dots on the backs, so they
are pretty no matter which way you are
looking at them.

And then I am also working on my vintage jello mold
Party Favor Cups. If you remember I had a slew
of these and painted the lot all at once. Now I add
a personal touch! The Pipe cleaners are used for the
handles and I love adding a few vintage mercury
glass beads to each!

You see I use the same technique brush on some
white glue and then dust with sparkle!

Then I let the sugared molds dry
and then the fun begins.
Each one hand made with Love!

Well I hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been up to this
Holiday weekend. I'm also working on just a few
Halloween projects, let's see if I can get those completed by
midweek. We have our flag flying and meat cooking
and a big batch of our famous homemade Potato salad
a celebration to all of us hard working Americans. (:
Hugs,


20 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

How fun! I was in the mood to play too! All your creations are just so cute. You do a wonderful job. Wish I had some of that potato salad:) Have a great day! Twyla

Holly said...

My heart always does a little leap when it sees your darling images and sweet candy colors! ♥

icandy... said...

So sweet! Glitter and goodies... I'm in love!
Hugs,
Christina

Sweetina said...

oooo everything you make is so gorgeous and magical! I'm coming over to the shop to buy me some
sweets!
hugsxx
Tina

Karen said...

Looks like a very creative weekend. I just adore all your crafts! The images are so sweet!
If your like me...all things need a little glitter! : )
Have a great week!

NicNacManiac said...

Love all of your sparkly goodies!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
More of your awesome creations!! I can't wait to see the Halloween things you are making.
3 days of crafting sounds great.
Take care.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Alison Gibbs said...

What gorgeous creations
Alison

creative breathing said...

It is wonderful to the process of you creating! I would never think to glitter reindeer. I think you have to be a "Pink Girl"! E

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You really have fun when you have a day off! I would love to work on projects like that! Very sweet!

Lori said...

Diane, you really made good use of your long weekend...you are a regular glitter fool:) LOL...i love how your deer looks all sparkly and silver...very cute!!!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Looks like you had a very creative day...and lots of fun too!

Love everything!

Carrie

Aimee said...

Hi Diane,
OMG, I LOVE what you have made. They are so pretty and charming and I love that they look so vintage. You are so talented!
Aimee

Amy said...

I love, love, love those glittered reindeer!

Sandy said...

Hi, I love your things! I have a ton of those little jello molds you painted pink! what a cute new reason for them to be around....I am going to look for these now! :) Thanks for the photos!

KatCollects said...

Hi Diane,
I always love all of your vintage Birthday goodies, you are so talented!
Hugs,
Kathy

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

Love your creations! They are super sweet. Isn't glitter great?

Stephenie said...

How cute!!! I love your little cupcake pics.. You did such an amazing job.. I love all the images you used.. I also love the sweet little nut cups to.. Hope all is well..
STephenie

MY_CRAFT_AND_ART_CREATIONS said...

I love your creations !! sweet and super!!

enthusiasticscrapper said...

Your crafts are absolutely stunning! What a gift you have. Thanks for sharing your exquisite ideas.