Monday, October 26, 2009

Holiday Sweets and a Fun Swap

Little Neighborhood of Glitter Houses
My Sweet Little Custom Sugar Shacks

I was feeling a little bit under the weather
this weekend a sore throat. So after work I stayed home
got out the glitter and garland and sugared
up some Vintage Inspired Houses.
Hopping to have these in my Shop 1st week of November

It's fun creating this Sweet
Little "Sugar Town"
And I am also coloring and decorating
Bottle Brush Trees
Adding vintage mercury Beads and glitter.

Oh yes I wanted to share with you guys
this fun Swap I was invited to play In.
Sorta like a chain letter, you get an e-mail with two names on it
you take the 1st name and send that person a "Gift"
and then add your name in the 2nd position,
send it to 6 gals and thats it!
If all goes well you could get 36 Gifts

What Fun, I am getting such Lovely Gifts
Check out these beautiful gifts
The Pretty Pink Pillow is Handmade from
She has such a Beautiful Blog full of Chic Sweets!

And this beautiful Spooky Banner is such a delight!
Made by Sharon over at Pansy Cottage Garden
And she is also In California Thank you Sharon.
Today I received this vintage wallpaper covered
Keepsake Box with a Beautiful Millinery on Top
and Filled with pretties
Visit Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage
You will love her creations.

So In spite of feeling a little off, and being overwhelmed with work
I have been enjoying my mail delivery no doubt! I have a whole lot
of other things to show you but I'll wait until my next post
Oh and I promise the next post will be a Giveaway!
Thanks for stopping by today I love company.
Hugs & Kisses,


22 comments:

Lori said...

i knew i would regret saying no to all the requests i had to play...and here you go showing me all the cute stuff you have received!!!

i love your little cottages Diane!!!

suzeeez said...

I love your little trees and houses.

Jane said...

I like the vintage inspired houses and bottle brush trees....they remind me of some decorations that my childhood neighbors had.
Hope you're feeling better.
Jane

vivian said...

I love your little christmas trees and houses.
Im doing that art exchange too.. Mailed my giftie out the other day. but havent recieved anything yet. Looking forward to seeing what comes though!
have a great day!
hugs

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Diane! I LOVE your houses!! I have been wanting some more of those :) The pillow from Lizzie is so beautiful and I love the banner!! Thank you for showing the box :) You are so sweet!! I cant believe you got three things already :) This game is lots of fun!!
Have a beautiful week,
Hugs,
Amy

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Martha would love you with all that glitter...your cottages are so sweet...and the goodies you received are wonderful!

Love, Carrie

Sarah said...

Great stuff! I just didn't have the time to do this, but I am hoping to be able to in a couple of weeks. Love the houses - they are so cute - the tinsel is a great touch!

Amy said...

Hope you feel better and I love your pretty vintage houses!!!

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Love the forget me nots on the trees, too!

I'm trying to play in the craft exchange but not one person has agreed to sign up under me! Boo-hoo! Guess I jumped in too late. Oh, well, I passed my craft along anyway. ♥

Into Vintage said...

How fun to receive so many surprises in the mail and such lovely ones at that! I hope to join in on the next exchange - have a great time - can't wait to see what else arrives. -amy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Your houses are just so sweet...and I'm not able to play right now either :( getting that house ready for the estate sale on Saturday has kept me from blogging, crafting, and more!!!
I have Kailee today and tomorrow, otherwise I'd be at the house...all day Friday for sure.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Fleur de Bee said...

Hi Diane!

OH MY GOODNESS! I was soooo surprised today to get those DARLING trees in the mail! Thank you so very much! I love love love them! You are just too sweet to pick something I would adore!

I have tried to reach your daughter on several occasions. Perhaps she is just super busy with holiday preparations. I am pretty busy too. Let me know if you're ever in town to visit her. Would LOVE to meet you!

xo Molly

Janean said...

Tell me you're one of those people whose tree and home is decorated Thanksgiving evening...sweet houses!

Elyse said...

ooh diane! you are receiving some amazing gifts! how wonderful to have a lizzie pillow! sharon's banners are so cute (i have one, too)! thank you for including me in this fun lil' party!

xo

Elyse said...

ps

i almost forgot to mention how adorable i think your glitters houses are!

xo

Tracy Suzanne said...

Hi Diane. I'm so glad that you added me to this. I can't wait to get started. This is going to be so fun. Who doesn't love getting others handmade art work. It's like early Christmas.

I love, love, love the houses and bottle brush trees. Christmas is so fun!

Thanks again for including me...
Hugs...Tracy :)

Creative Breathing said...

Diane, your sugar shacks have just the right touch of vintage. From you they are nothing less than spectacular! Have a great weekend! E

The Cottage Girl said...

Your blog is pure sugary sweetness! I will be back to satisfy my sweet tooth!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Hi Diane~ Hope you are feeling better. Boy its been going around, weve had it too. Have a Happy Halloween!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Diane, I hope you are feeling better and can have some fun this weekend! I look forward to your giveaway:) Twyla

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh, such sweet little houses. I've been collecting bigger vintage-inspired houses all year in hopes of making a little village this Christmas.
Take care,
M.L.

Blondie's Journal said...

Love the little vintage house, Diane. And the bottle brush trees, although I have no clue how you make them! They are gorgeous! And I like the gifts you have received in the game. Don't you love getting packages delivered or in the mail!!

I came to visit from Anne Marie's. You have a great blog. I'll come back another day!

xoxo
Jane