Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How to ..... Traditional Stuffed Peppers



This is my families original way to make stuffed peppers.
It's a good homemade recipe that is very healthy.

You take the bell peppers wash & cut the top off then remove the
branch the seeds and membranes

In a Bowl Take the ground meat I use both
Beef & Turkey and then mix them
with the onions, carrots and celery.

Place the prepared peppers in baking dish
and set aside. Ready to be stuffed!
Preheat your Oven 350 degrees

Dash of Kosher Salt and Pepper
Cayenne can also be added.

Add Rice to your meat mixture
and a can of tomato sauce.
Place in a skillet Cook over medium
heat until meat is browned.

And then fill each pepper with
your yummy meat mixture

Bake for about 45 min. to an hour
covered and then the last
10 min you can top them with cheese

Stuffed peppers have always been a favorite of mine.
Pretty simple to make and such a comfort food.
Especially nice to make when it's chilly
outside, a good excuse to warm up the oven .
Hugs & Kisses,



18 comments:

Lori said...

do you know i have never made those? they sound yummy!!!

Mary Ann Miller said...

You surely must have seen the 25 green peppers I need to fix sitting on my kitchen cupboard!!! Thanks for the recipe!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Looks like we both did some home style cooking yesterday! Those peppers look delicious. I love them! I recently made them for Sunday Family Dinner Get-together! Everybody really liked them. Must run in the family!

Love you, Carrie

Priscila said...

I usually dont eat things like that...but that looks really good. Im going to have to try it!
check out my blog for a giveaway
littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

xoxo
Priscila

rosechicfriends said...

Oh My that looks so yummy and VERY simple to do! I might just have to make that in the next week! Thanks so much for sharing this!
Blessings,
Lorena

Bluebird Papercrafts said...

Diane, You read my mind. I have had stuffed peppers on the brain. Must make them again soon! Hope business is doing well. Have a great rest of week. E

KatCollects said...

Yummy, I haven't made stuffed peppers for a long time. I use alot of rice and tomotoes, skip the meat usually. I think I will try them again.
Kathy

twinkleshabbystar said...

YUM!!! I havent had stuffed peppers in years! My Mom use to make them when I was growing up. They look delish, I can only imagine the look on my childrens faces if I tried to serve a stuffed pepper to them. hee! hee!
XOXO,Jenn

Amy said...

Comfort food indeed. I'm off to the store. Stuffed peppers for dinner tonight!!

Lindy said...

Um, is there a recipe with the ingredient quantities somewhere. I know lots of women can cook by "feel," but I'm not one of them! LOL

Secondhandrose said...

I can smell the goodness from here. Great recipe for a fall day. thanks,

karen

Lori said...

Diane, i made the stuffed peppers for dinner tonight...everyone liked them...hooray!!! thanks:)

Elyse said...

very yummy!

xo

artgoodies said...

brings back fond memories of making those with my grandma :)

Into Vintage said...

HI Diane! I'm having fun looking through your blog and etsy shops - this post in particular brings back memories of childhood meals. Have a wonderful weekend. -amy

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I always loved my mom's stuffed peppers too. My mouth is watering. Have a nice day! Twyla

Breezy Weekes said...

yummy! i love these!! I was just thinking of making them the other day..now I got the exact recipe! Thanks mom oxoox

-breezy

DART said...

Deelish dish! Made them for the first time myself a few weeks ago (pics on the blog too) and will definitely be making them again...so yummy!