Monday, December 7, 2009

JUNKIN & SIGHTSEEING IN PORTLAND


So sorry to be so slow with this Post!
So much fun in Portland but I returned
with an awful Flu! I had such big plans
to return home add more trees to my Shop,
Decorate the House and get ready for our
House Guests.... But our lives at times take
on a direction all it's own!! So here I am ...

OMG The Shelves in these Goodwill Stores
In Portland yummy treasures galore...
are packed with treasures to be discovered
and each day the employees roll out carts
piled high with more treasures!

These couple of shelves were piled with dolls.
They had already been picked over the day we
were there but I can just imagine the treasure that
has been discovered there.

We went to a darling Cupcake Sweet Shop
and what a delight! A vintage house that has
been renovated and is now, a perfect
spot to enjoy your cup of coffee and
a sweet Cupcake

You notice the empty spot to the left of those
sweet treats, well thats the one we purchased
and shared, so yummy!

We took a drive out to the Red Barn
to do a bit of Christmas shopping.

The Inside was full of Great Vintage
and new items for sale, We were greeted
by the sales gal and offered a warm cup
of Apple Cider. Perfect way to warm our hands
I just had to get a picture of this darling
Sock Monkey Christmas Tree!

It was loaded down with Sock Monkeys
What a great Idea!

Thank You all for your patience on my
latest Giveaway for the Pretty Pink
Vintage Style Bottle Brush Tree!
The Winner #34 Jen Duncan
of What's New? Congratulations!
E-mail me your address so I can send it your way!

I sure hope you enjoyed all the pictures in this Post
I am so behind on everything having to do with
the Holidays. So I will get busy decorating the house
and I will Post an update soon.
I have cards to write, trees to sell and Gifts to wrap.
And I want to share my Vintage finds from
Portland with you all.
So stop back by soon (:

Hugs & Kisses


23 comments:

jen duncan said...

Yay for me! Thanks Diane. I'll go email my address now. :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

Neat stuff!! I love the sock monkey tree!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congrats Jen! I know you are thrilled! I love the dolls in the bin and the sock monkeys! WOW! So many neat things! I would have gone crazy!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Yes...we had a blast. I miss you already! Where did my "Junkin' Partner" go...boo hoo!

Love, Carrie

Pieceful Bits said...

Sorry you were ill..hope you are feeling better. Looks like lots of place to shop in Portland.
Happy Holidays
(~~)
Julie

nana rosie said...

Some of us reg. folks missed ya!
I love to check out your fun finds!
A fan, Rosie T

Lori said...

sorry you are sick Diane...it sounds like you had a great time visiting your sis...i hope you all had a wonderful visit!!!

Amy said...

Glad you're feeling better and had a wonderful time with your sisters.
That monkey tree is simply adorable!!

suzeeez said...

I love that sock monkey tree,what a unique idea. Of course bottle brush trees are my absolute favorite! Nice pictures.
:o) Sue

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Loved seeing all your pics and sorry you came home with the bug...not fun!

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Eeek! A sock monkey tree! Too fun! The world certainly is a humerous place!

City Goodwills are the bestest!

Congrats to Jen! ♥

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It's good to see you back! So glad you had a great time! I wish our thrift store shelves looked like that. I need to get to Portland! Have a great day! Twyla

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Sorry to hear that you were ill...
aren't sock monkey fun :) It's always fun to shop at thrift stores in different cities.
Congrat's to the winner.
Looking forward to seeing your home decorated for Christmas.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Cindy Caraway said...

OK... the Goodwill stores around here don't have thins kind of booty!! I need to go to Portland ;)

laurie -magpie ethel said...

glad you had a good time in our fair city - Portland is great!
feel better soon...

Into Vintage said...

Sounds like you missed this crazy cold weather. So glad you got to do some awesome junkin' in Portland. Next time we should all plan a get together. Where is the Red Barn? -amy

Queenie said...

Hey Diane,
So sorry to hear that you got sick with the flu upon your return from your trip...hope you are feeling better now. I sooo enjoyed these pics in this post...what a fun sweet shop that you girls got to go to, and the goodwill shelves...well, I think I could plunder through them for a while! Such cute stuff! Looking forward to seeing your finds! Have fun holiday decorating!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Creative Breathing said...

Yippie! Your back! It just wasn't the same around the neighborhood while you were gone. Thanks for the visit to the thrift stores - are they crazy! They don't know what they have! It looks like you had the best of times. You were missed, and I for one can't wait to see your holiday preparations! Elizabeth

KatCollects said...

Hi Diane,
This sounds like such a fun trip. I wanted to stop by and say a big thank you for your good thoughts and sweet comment. I am not online alot these days but trying to take a few minutes to visit some of my favorite blogs and people. I am wishing you a beautiful week.
Hugs,
Kathy

TiffanyJane said...

Love the pictures....The Red Barn looks like it was some Fun Christmas shopping!

Cinderella Moments said...

Love your blog! It's full of adorable stuff!

Carol said...

What fun! No wonder you didn't go home and decorate!!!

ittybittybirdy said...

I was so sad I missed you. Do promise that one day we can meet up!!!! Ack! Our goodwills are SOOOOOOO expensive. I wont shop at them or take my stuff to them.

Chelsea Ann