Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Box of Vintage Finds

Look At What The Post Man Brought Today
A Box of 70 Vintage Greeting Cards

When I opened The Box and started to go through
the Pile I gasped with pleasure. What a wonderful
collection. Birthday, Christmas, Easter and New Baby

They sure got my Creative
juices going, I just can't find enough time
to do everything that's swilling around in my head!

I am working on Party Posy Pockets
and Gift Buckets embellished with
these Vintage Collectibles.
And some darling Banners in the Works!

A Paper Artist like myself can never
have enough. These Old cards are
pretty much priceless to me!

To be Honest I usually go through
a box like this and sort out my favorites.
I scan the best and sell my Images
on a CD in my Store.
I have already been offering a Christmas Image CD
and a Valentine Image CD
I would like to get a CD filled with
Children's Birthday Cards Next.

This collection seemed to have most for a young Boy
and some are hand written with a date on the back

I was just so excited about this "New" Collection (new to me) I had to stop
everything and share. I hope you're having a great week.
I'm still having a hard time with the 2010 thing.
Hugs & Kisses,


14 comments:

Tracy Suzanne said...

Oh' Diane, I would have been dancing on air! I just love them. A wonderful, wonderful cute find!!!

Hugs....Tracy :)

Lori said...

how cute are those!!!

ps: were you going to show me the china that you found when you were visiting Carrie? i want to see:)

Gypsy Brocante said...

A fab find indeed! can't wait to see what you create with all these goodies!

Happy day to you,
xo
Jill

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Totally agree that vintage greeting cards take the cake with their whimsy and wonderful illustrations. I have boxes of them that I love to go thru. I like how the back side of them often have some little "surprise" graphic on them as well. fun stuff

Into Vintage said...

HI Diane,
I'm also addicted to these old cards...love that kangaroo with the candy canes in her pouch! Happy New Year! -amy

karen said...

Oh Diane...what a great find. I love, love vintage cards and these are exceptionally cute! Can't wait to see what you make with them!

With all the holiday excitment I'm so far behind on reading blogs but I did get the chance to go back on your previous post and I have to say how much I love your Sears Wish Book post! It brought back so many memories! Loved all the dolls!!! Great post!!!
Hugs,
Karen

Sandy said...

Great vintage images! Wow....I have your Christmas CD and am going to buy the Valentine, yes....please make a children's one! :)

Ellen said...

a woman after my own heart...I adore vintage greeting cards. When I can find them dirt cheap I love giving them away as greeting cards....not sure if all the recipients love them as much as I do though. Enjoy admiring your lovelies..they are gorgeous!

katie jean said...

gosh! what a find :D they would be so hard for me to part with. But, I'm glad that you do :) Thanks for sharing such great photos!

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Oh how fun! Thanks for showing us, Diane! ♥

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Oh, what a wonderful day indeed!! Lots of cards to make one drool..
I know you will have LOTS of FUN with your new cards...
Have a great weekend!
Warmly,
Deb :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you like to share! I LOVE vintage cards! They bring back such wonderful memories!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You find the best cards....wow!

Amy said...

I agree I too would have so much fun going through those cards. I can't get enough of those earlier graphics.