Friday, January 1, 2010

Violets For The New Year


I wanted some African Violets this New Year
So my husband was out running some errands today
and he made a Special Stop to Home Depot Garden Section

Look what he came home with 5 Beautiful Plants.
In a nice array of colors. I am thrilled, I love these
beauties. They really are pretty easy to grow, once
you find the perfect light for them. So that's my
challenge right now. And they need to be safe from
anyone bumping into there fragile leaves.
I'll give you an update once they find their
final Resting spot.


I made a stop into TJ max and look what I found.
It's a bit of a fixer but that just makes it
that much more fun. I am going to turn this
Into the cutest Little Bunny Cottage, I have
a lot of sweet Easter miniatures from a couple
Sales so let the fun begin!

I sure hope your New Years weekend is full
of Fun. I'm not sure if there is any Estate Sales
but I am off to check the classified ads. If I find
anything good I'll be sure to share my Saturdayfinds.
With all my Peeps!

Hugs,


13 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

O hope my "African Violets" inspired you! Those are beautiful...I can't wait to see the bunny cottage. I know it will be darling.

Happy New Year my dear sister!

Love, Carrie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The flowers are beautiful! I have never had much luck growing them but I love them. Happy New Year!

vivian said...

I always have sweet violets growing. but none here now!! I took them to work a few months ago. Now youve got me wanting some more for here!
love the little house, cant wait to see what you do with it. I have a gift card from christmas to TJ max! one of my favorite stores!
hugs and happy new year!
vivian

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane!!
Love your violets...mine love the kitchen window that faces west and I did see some little buds yesterday.
No estate sales for us today...plus it's -15 outside...and that's too cold for ME!!
Guess I'll work on my valentine cards.
Warmly,
Deb :)

KaReN EiLeeN said...

I love violets too!!! Have you ever smelled the old-fashioned violet perfume? Yummmmm

Happy New Year,
KAREN EILEEN

Pieceful Bits said...

African Violets are pretty but I did not do well with them. I guess I do not do well with any houseplants!

Cannot wait to see your cute bunny cottage.
(~~)
Julie

Valarie said...

I can't wait to see what you have in store for that sweet house.
I love the violets...beautiful
Have a lovely day
Valarie

the wreath witch said...

you have inspired me to try some tin molds into baskets for easter gifts - wish me luck . do you have a tutorial on them ? I am a fan of your lovely works, thanks for sharing your ideas. pat

Jane said...

That little house will make the cutest bunny cottage. What a great idea!
I love the colors of the African violets. A nice pop of color for the winter.
Jane

Its So Very Cheri said...

I love the little cottage

Cheri

Lori said...

Diane, i love african violets too...they look so soft and velvety...unfortunately i always rotted mine...i think too much watering{?}...the little house you found is really cute...i can't wait to see how you transform it into a bunny cottage...

Susan S. said...

What a sweet hubby you have! I love the African Violets. And can't wait to see how the "cottage" come out!

Happy New Year from Houston, tx

Piney Rose said...

I love that little cottage! The violets too, but the only indoor plant I can grow is a philodendron because it doesn't need water very often. LOL