Monday, February 1, 2010

Tutorial Sweet Spring Party Baskets

I have a Lot Of Pink and Bunny Love
Going On In My Studio This Week!



Here are the supplies I use
I start out with a Vintage Plastic Favor Basket
I do have a large Collection of these
in Various Colors

An a good amount of them are Missing their Handles
So I use some of My Chenille Pipe Cleaners
To Make a Basket Handle
I take them and twist them together
and Then add a couple of Beads for a Vintage Flair!

I make a Bow using Pink Seam binding
I love working with it such a great vintage look
And then a sprig of Millinery

I Fill The Basket with a Colored Paper Filler
And add Some Easter Goodies
I used a Colored Egg and A Cup Cake Pick

And There you go a Darling Spring Basket
I Still Have some of My Valentine Kits In my Shop
and I will be Offering these Spring Baskets Soon
Hope You Enjoyed This Little Tutorial
E-mail Me if you have any questions.


I Just Love the way these turned out, can't way to make more.
My Next Post will be a Valentine Give away, so stop back in
a couple days. Enjoy your Day. And make time to Create!
We all deserve it!!

oxox,

17 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Diane~~~~*

The baskets are absolutely charming. I can see the smiles on some little darling's faces when they receive one of these. SO cute!! Thanks for the tutorial!! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

These are so cute and make me feel so happy, diane! The vintage forget me nots really make them for me! ♥

GardenofDaisies said...

I can just imagine an Easter table set with one of these on each plate. So cute!

~~Carol~~ said...

Ok, that's it, I'm done making valentine stuff and moving on to Easter! Love your little baskets, and it's so nice of you to share how you made them. I'm going to start looking for some of those vintage baskets!

Beth Gales said...

That is so sweet!

JoAnn Salyers said...

these are really sweet. love the pink, yellow combo i think i am going to have to go in direction of kits etc instead of expensive one of a kind stuff lol.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

These turned out precious!!! As do all your creations.
I also clicked on the 'link within' post about your sweet mom. I LOVED the darling pics of her. The one of her holding you while expecting Carrie was priceless. : )
Take care,
M.L.

Lori said...

Diane, those are SO super cute...i love the colors...if you have a source for real chenille pipe cleaners, i would love to know...i have been searching high and low for some...i threw the ones i had away...*sigh*...

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Sweet as ever Diane!!! I'm so ready for spring. Lots of new snow today..and it is pretty...
Warmly,
Deb :)

Cottage Cozy said...

Such darling little Easter baskets...just like everything else you create!

Margie said...

Yea~Easter Goodies! I can't wait! Love these sweet little baskets! Margie:)

Into Vintage said...

You're so good to be thinking ahead to Easter ... although I confess I do have thoughts of Christmas 2010 things to make from time to time! Yikes.

twinkleshabbystar said...

Bunnies + Chicks= SUPER CUTENESS!
Adore your little baskets. What a fun and easy tutorial! Hugs!! XO,Jenn

Anne at Fiona and Twig said...

Those are so precious!
Now I'm in the mood for Easter, time to break out the bunnies! :-)

Have a wonderful Friday!
Anne

Coffee and chit chat said...

Thanks you for your sweet comment...I just adore these precious Easter baskets you make! Wow are you clever! They don't look that difficult either! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

KayEllen said...

Diane!!
how adorable:)
Love your sweet Easter baskets!!

Have a good weekend~~~

Smiles,
Kay Ellen

Deborah said...

Hi Diane, I am thinking of spring too, but here in Wisconsin the snow is piled high. Your blog is quite lovely and reminds me of spring. You have beautiful photos posted. Love it. :) I look forward to reading more.