Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer is Winding Down


While Summer has been a bit mild here in 
California this year
the Fruit was plentiful


Our neighbor has a Peach Tree and this year it
was just heavy with fruit, in fact so much fruit
that they had had enough of it.
They offered us just has much fruit as we wanted.....

Hubby and I picked a Large bag full and
the following day made jars of
Homemade Peach Jam ...


The first batch are the Jars on the left
I had a box of Sure Jell & that recipe called 
for a bit more sugar and less fruit
Of course with the amount of peaches we had 
that meant a trip to the store for more Sure Jell
and canning jars, that recipe was slightly different
but just as yummy!


And then a few days later we were offered tomatoes
and yes again large quantities of tomatoes!
Hubby is making Homemade Sauce!


I have still been busy hitting Garage Sales and Estate Sales
on weekends, so I thought you might want to see
some of my latest treasures
The Storybook Cards are just the sweetest
I plan on using them in a future project for sure!


This pretty Box of Christmas Ornaments 
was a steal for $2 and the
 Crystal Cherub Table Lamp cost me $5




I have still been way to busy with Real Estate but the
good news is our listing is in Escrow and it's an all
cash buyer so smooth sailing, thanks for all your
positive thoughts, looking real good. Yippie
Hope I can get some creative time in soon!
The lace wrapped curlers is just about
it for Studio Fun...
Hope you're enjoying your last
days of Summer.
oxox,



17 comments:

Angela said...

Oooh, you've got me a little envious! I love those cards and the Christmas ornaments!!

Violet said...

I love all the treasures that you find at garage sales! I'm sure that when I was a little girl, I had some paper dolls that were very similar to those story book cards.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your jam looks great! I always love ornaments, and the lamp is cute-enjoy!

vivian said...

lots of *sweet* stuff here between the jam and your awesome finds! I really really should make peach jam this year! There are so many things I should do.. and here I sit!
have a great day!
hugs
vivian

Claudia said...

That peach jam looks yummy! Love all your finds - I am especially loving the perm rods - oh the memories!

xo
Claudia

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Those peaches look very YUMMY!!!
I have a couple of the storybook cards too!!They are the sweetest.
Congrat's on a "closing" as we call it here..hubby has one of Friday! Thankful and business is picking up a "tad"!!
I'll be over for some peach treats!
Warmly,
deb :)

Angela said...

Well aren't you sweet! It's fun just thinking about it!!

Sarah said...

Yum! The jame looks so good! I miss helping my mom pick blackberries and then watching her make cobbler and jam with them.

Lots of wonderful goodies! The table lamp was a steal for sure!

FILIGREE MOON said...

Diane, your treasure hunting finds are really amazing! And that peach jam...oh my goodness!!! ~ Angela

Ellen said...

Ok...I am totally jealous of all that peach jelly....YUM! My sweet pea and I could eat fresh peaches until it made us sick...nothing better in summer than some fresh peaches...and free....even better! Love your pretty finds....

xoxo

Valarie said...

Diane...I want to come spend the day with you, and hit some estate sales. I love all of your new goodies. The peaches look amazing.
xxoo Valarie

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love homemade peach jam. That is on my "to do" list for sure. You have gotten some great treasures. Glad you have had a nice summer. Love & blessings from NC!

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

What a fun post...you have been so busy! I love it all...I want some of that jam!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

aahhhhh....tomato sauce....too funny...me too...yep making sauce..sauce and more sauce...

i love those xmas ornaments
happy to find you, diane....

kary

myletterstoemily said...

oh, those peaches and tomatoes
made my mouth water! yum!!!!

Creative Breathing said...

The best news ever! Your California peaches look wonderful! Especially in their jars. Elizabeth

Lori said...

Oh Diane, the cards are priceless!! Wonderful find! Lori