Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Handmade Comfort Food

I recently read an article in the L.A. Times
where the writer said
" In unstable economic times handmade
things are comfort food"


"Handmade has become a marketing trend"
"the process of making something makes people feel good"
"It's reconnecting with what your grandmother
used to do, it's the pride and satisfaction
you get from making something and showing it off"


In 2009 a program was created called
"One of a Finds" it offers limited
quantity numbered selections of
handcrafted goods 


"The coldness of technology has stoked a desire for
warm and fuzzy handmade objects with
personal stories behind them."


The article also talked about
 a weekend Market here in California
with 325 Vendors selling their unique handmade wares
"Unique L.A." claims to be the
largest independent design show in the U.S.
I haven't been there yet but you'll bet
when I do you will be the first to know!


After finishing the entire article I got inspired...
Out came my Crepe paper and sewing machine
 and I made yards & yards of  "Sweetheart Pink"
and "Edible Red"
Custom Crepe ruffles


Desperately needed some for my own designs
but I also decided to do a bit more
to offer in my Etsy Shop 


I also got busy and decorated a few of
my custom colored bottle brush trees
with some Valentine Bling!


I'll be offering these delicious Treat Pails
and my CD with high resolution scans
of some of my favorite Vintage
Valentine Cards ( with free shipping in the U.S.)


If your Interested in finding out more 
information on the Craft Fairs in L.A.
you can go to www.uniquela.com
or www.renegadecraft.com
Happy Crafting~
oxox,

4 comments:

Miss Rhea said...

Darling !! :) :) I agree, handmade is the BEST :) Hugs to you and Breezy :)

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Hi Diane ~ I'm not much of a crafter at all but I've always been proud of the few things I've done. I absolutely LOVE your crafts and those pails with the CD's are adorable. I'll be looking for them on ETSY!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Nothing says loving like handmade treasures!
I do love yours.
Deb

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Lots of fantastic information for all of you Southern California girls! You have sparked some inspiration in me too!Your ruffles look sooo pretty! Hurray for "handmade"!