Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Last Weekends Vintage Finds

Last weekend a 7:00 A.M. sale
advertised great treasures 
but a whole lot of people were there
at 6:00 A.M. and snagged the good stuff...


So I picked through the left overs and
found a few things that were 
left behind...


Two floral chenille bedspreads full of
fluff but each one had some damage
but great for cutters

A vintage tablecloth and that too has some 
issues. Appears to have been cut at one
end and a new hem added
again great cutter...


This large Vintage Picnic Basket
is a little dusty but it's a gem!
I have a stack of old baskets in a 
corner of my dining room,
makes for great storage!


And then some Vintage Christmas
I don't know what made me buy these..
I mean really have we not had just
about enough Christmas?


And then another Betty Crocker's Cookbook
Now remember the last one I found
That one sold for $67 in my
E-bay Shop last week
So keep your eyes peeled for these


And last but not least a
beautiful Vintage Glass Pitcher
It was full of dust and grime but
It sure cleaned up nicely


So there you have it! 
And now the other parts to treasure hunting

 Taking pictures writing up descriptions
and listing these Vintage goodies
weighing, packing and mailing...
I'm already tired just thinking about it!
It's kinda like a hobby that's
 evolved into a small business.
And like I always say, sure is
nice to have a hobby that you can
make money doing it~

19 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, Diane~ lots of great finds! Love, love, the chenille and the tablecloth!

Sorta Fairytale Girl said...

hunting for vintage finds is just the best...thrift stores, estate sales, yard sales, i love them all! what great finds you were able to get...love that chenille and picnic basket!

Grannys Attic said...

Great finds even if you did't get there first! LOL I would have snatched the vintage Christmas ornaments too! I don't care what time of year it is, if I see them I get them never can have to many vintage ornaments! Have a great day, Vicky

Joanne Kennedy said...

I would have a hard time parting with some of your great finds! Good job :)

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Terrific treasures! Looks like you're having lots of fun ... between thrifting and crafting, you're soooooo busy!

birdie blue said...

love your finds, diane. your really have such an eye for the buried treasure.

xo
~molly

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Score on the chenille! I think it's extinct up here!

Just pack that christmas away and you'll be pleasantly surprised when you find it next season! ♥

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

OOOO-you got some awesome goodies! That cookbook sold for $67??? I see them all the time at thrifts and yardsales!

Ann said...

great finds..would love to have found the American Fostoria pitcher to add to my Grandmothers collection I inherited!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
The pitcher is called "American" I believe. I have some in pink!
I know it's very slow here, unless you are buying a repo/foreclosure..hubby has 1 client and they did write an offer. However, there's usually more than one...I keep thinking the market will return to "normal"..
Hang in there and hurray for our hobbies!
Warmly,
deb

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Diane! You find the Best things! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

heartfelt living said...

Hi Diane,
Great finds! Love the chenille. It reminds me of a bedspread my mother had when I was little.
Have to agree with Vicky...you can never have to much vintage Christmas. : )
Of all your pretty finds, I have to admitt I just LOVE the picnic basket!!!
xx
Karen

FourSistersInACottage said...

Don't ya hate that when you play by the rules and have a few that end up breaking those rules.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue chenille, haven't seen them in the color for a long time.
I THINK YOU DID GREAT!!!!
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Carrie said...

Beautiful pitcher!!! Everything is nice, but I'm eyeing that pitcher ;)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Fabulous treasures once again!

Cheryl said...

You should come over to Fresno, I see those cook books all the time at the thrift stores :-) Let me know if your ever in town, I'll hook you up with the best ones to go to!
~Cheryl

Scrappy Jessi said...

Hey sweet girl
eeekkk i love that picnic basket.
so cool
hope all is well in your neck of the woods
oxoxox,
jessi

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love that picnic basket!

Happy Weekend!
LuLu~*xoxo

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Love the chenille bedspreads. I've always got an eye out for them but never seem to find great ones like those. Great find!