Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Studio is off to a 2011 Bang!

Well My Studio was so very organized
and really looking spic and span
When I had the photographer
from the New York Times here
 everything went in the garage!


And then just when I was ready to put 
the Christmas crates back up into the attic
I tripped out on my front porch and ouch
fell right on my bum knee


So the crates and other collectibles
are right where the car is suppose to be
and I've resigned to the fact that
I'm just going to have to wait until
the bruised knee is feeling
better until I tackle the garage...
And the car is parked in the driveway again ~


So all I could do was hit a few after Christmas
markdown sales whats a woman to do?

I did find some great items that I
am working to repurpose into
Valentine Sweets
 the holiday silver tinsel is
always used year round at my place


And then the flu bug hit and Grammie (me)
escaped the bug but helped out
the kids by watching Miss Amelie
She arrived in P.J.'s and slippers
and played and watched Movies


 Then today her Mommie was sick
so I spent the afternoon
keeping the kiddos busy, doing
a couple of loads of laundry
and leaving them with a pot
of spaghetti & meatballs..
So I've been a busy one this
beginning of 2011!
Cheers~
ox,

14 comments:

It's me said...

Hi Diane...thanks for visiting my blog !! your blog is also amazing !!....i like the things you make !! so good of you !! happy new week.....love Ria.....xxx

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Diane,

I'm back to checkin' in with everyone. Let us know how we can see the article about you in the Times. I'm so sorry about your knee and I truly hope nothing serious has happened to it. Believe me, I know a thing or two about bum knees and I've had a combined total of about 12 surgeries on both of my knees, and I'm on my second implant in the left knee. Anyhow, I'm finally back to blog-hopping.

Hugs,
Meri

Scrappy Jessi said...

Hey sweets.
woo hoo
you are all ready so crafty this year!!
Have a great week
oxoxox,
Jessi

~~Carol~~ said...

You sure are keeping busy, injured knee and all! Hope it heals quickly, because I can't wait to see all of the Valentine pretties that will be coming out of your craft studio!

Incipient Wings said...

I hope you feel better soon!
what a sweetie you are keeping everyone feeling good.
that darn bug made the rounds here and my little one still has a cough that wont quit!
have a great week:)

Theresa said...

Well Hi there Diane, I am so happy you stopped by and visited me! We ARE the same AGE, we have the same number of Grandchildren AND we both love ESTATE SALES! We MUST be twins! The only differences that I see is that you are WAY more talented than me and make money off of your finds:) I keep them all! I hope your knee feels better, take care of it! Nice to meet you! HUGS!

My Vintage Mending said...

Hope you heal up quick. I cannot wait to see your Valentine goodies. What a great Grammie you are.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Diane,
Sorry about your knee...ice helps :)
I'm playing with my valentines too! They are so Happy looking.
Sure hope you don't get the flu..
Take care.
Deb :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I tweaked my neck yesterday...ouch...I know how you feel! Hope the knee feels better soon...meanwhile you are certainly the busy little bee!

Patti said...

I find such inspiration on your blog - Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas. I hope your knee heals up quickly!

Birds of a Feather said...

Hi Diane -

Congrats on the article ~ very exciting! and what a bummer about your knee ~ your studio looks great...mine is getting back to "normal" slowly, tomorrow I hope to actually create in there!

Hugs ~
xo Heidi

Outstanding Stranger said...

Hope you post your NY article. Your studio looks great and I can't wait to see what you do with your vintage valentine's. I am a collector to...had to stop after watching "Hoarders" teehee. Looks like a great start to 2011 with art and grands, could have done without the fall! Love and hugs, Diane

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Such happy pictures. I'm sorry you hurt your knee recently. : ( But my goodness...I read the NYT article. What a beautiful photo of you. And how fun to get written up like that. Congratulations!!!
M.L.

Nancy said...

Hope your knee heals quickly. Love that your working on some goodies for Valentine's day. I know they will be spectacular!
XO Nancy