Thursday, February 10, 2011

Count Down to Valentines Day

We have a little more time to put
the finishing touches on our 
Sweetheart Valentines
And get your Goodies in The Mail
It's Funny I've always wondered
what kind of people it would be
that saved Greeting Cards
from the 40's, 50's and 60's
for us to discover today!


Well I know one of those people
My mother-in-law she had a 
sweet little bundle of Cards 
saved for each of her children...
The charming Valentines above
are my Husbands childhood cards.
So with all my hunting...
I have a nice little group
right here at home....



I have a few Valentine Digital
Download College Sheets in My Shop


I only played in One Swap this Valentines
And it was with The Sweet and
loveable Elizabeth
Thank you dear friend ox


I've been busy making some Special
Valentines for my Mom this year
A little Spun Cotton Head Cutie..
Will be packaged and mailed
to her today...
(I love you Mom)


I hope you are all enjoying all the love
and inspiration to create your
own gifts of LOVE 
oxox,

11 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I am LOVING all of your Valentine inspiration! Mom is going to be thrilled with her gift ♥

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the valentine's from back in the day...all those chubby little rosy faces!! How sweet the gift for your mother is! I love it!

XO,
Jane

Dawn said...

Diane, your retro Valentines are simply wonderful. They're just so much more charming than the "licensed" ones that are made today! Thank you for sharing these.
Cheers ~
Dawn.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You are a sweet daughter! What a fun Valentine package your Mom is getting!
Warmly,
deb

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

They just don't make Valentines like they used to. I was at Target yesterday getting treats for the kids' valentine parties at school and looking at all the valentines offered just made me sad. They're so bland. Everything is just made after the latest movie.

For some reason, I gravitate mostly towards the cards from the 1930s-1940s. Something about the way the faces were drawn, so sweet and innocent.

You always pick out the sweetest cards too and to be honest, are the reason I started picking them up here and there. One more thing to collect!!

Jill

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I am so glad my mom kept my Valentines. Love your little angel!

A Vintage Chic said...

Such wonderful Valentines, Diane...both carefully kept and newly created...love them all!

Hope you're having a lovely night...

Julie

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh how beautiful! I am visiting via the Valentine linky.
I wanted to invite you to the two linky parties I am planning. The first will be on February 23~ High Tea Tablescapes. Details can be found on my Wednesday posts. There will be PRIZES!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Oh that kitty in the suitcase is the best! ♥

Hemma på Landet said...

Very cute.

Yes we have a lots of snow here. If we want to go anywhere, we take the car. A good one.;-) Hug Stina

Sandra said...

Wow, going all out for Valentines Day! Your mom is so lucky. I'll be lucky if my husband gets me a Snicker's bar.
Lovely post.
And I have to say, although I'm a product of the late 60s, I remember that kind of Valentines card!