Thursday, March 17, 2011

Vintage Inspired Spring Projects

Well you know how I've talked up my
Digital Vintage Collage Sheets on some
of my previous posts....
I sure hope I didn't bore you
I've just been so elated to finally
get them scanned cleaned up and in my Shop


I thought I would share with you what I am
working on using my sheets...


I have this Image that I have printed out in various sizes
two different size Easter Buckets
and some fun Cupcake picks...


I made a wire pail handle for the bucket
and wrapped it with floral tape


And then I take some white glue any kind
and dilute it with a splash of water


Brush it on the buckets...


And then give them their glitter dust!


Set them someplace to dry
when dry I'll give them a clear 
coat of sealer ...
Promise I'll share the project when it's completed


Next thing on my to do list was to print out
some more business cards..
I like adding a special touch, so I
hole punch them and add a ribbon.
I know it's a lot of work but I 
really think it makes a good impression


In the meantime the mail came..
Yippie no bills just a package with these..
from one of my favorite Etsy Shops
The owner is Lorrie and she offers 
the greatest Vintage Goodies!


And if that wasn't good enough...
My girlfriend delivered these to my home today!
Yes, straight from the local California 
Strawberry Growers "Driscoll" The Best!!


Let's hope the weekend Garage Sale Gods
have great blessings in store for
me in my quest for Vintage Treasures!
Cheers!

24 comments:

Judi said...

Hi Diane
Sweet Easter eggs you've done a great job on them. So pretty. Lovely purchase and don't you love Driscoll strawberries. They look a sweet pick.
Thank you for sharing....
Happy St. Patrick's Day
Judi

vivian said...

I just know youre cooking up something adorable there! And I buy Driscol strawberries here all the way in NY sometimes! yummy!
have a great weekend
vivian

Sandy said...

I can't wait to see what these end up as!!!!! I just love all of your Easter cards Diane! :) Sandy

MICHELLE IN MANTEO said...

I love them already, I have been using all of your digital cards to make Easter ornaments for our office tree! I love them!!

Nan said...

Oh it all looks great. I went to your friends shop and of course found a couple things I had to have!

Donna said...

Awww I love your Easter things!!!
And man would I love to dig into those strawberries!!!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Diane! Thank you for popping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! I was reading your profile and I see that you are a granny of little bugs just like me. We have seven grands all four and under. Isn't it FUN? I love your blog, and all your pretty vintage things! I love Californians for all their flair and visual creations! I'm happy to have found your blog! Have a happy weekend, hunting for treasures!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

sounds to me like you had the perfect day. :) I can almost smell those warm sweet strawberries. Won't be long now before ours start coming in along with the fresh local asparagus...yum. I love love love how you are making the baskets with the peat pots. Can't wait to see the finished project. Have a wonderful weekend. ~

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

It's always nice to get fun surprises in the mail as opposed to bills! Good luck this weekend!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Wow...I just love your post today...so much "eye candy". I would love a basket of those strawberries...yum!

Margaret said...

Your posts are so wonderfully inspiring. You are such an amzing artist. I'm glad you had such a great day!

Maggie/Maggie's Lil' Fixins

Shelia said...

Hi Diane and it's so nice to meet you! Oh, you're the most talented one! Look at those darling little eggs and I can't wait to see what you're going to do with the little pots! Thank you for following me and I can't wait for you to come to my party!
I'm your newest follower!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

pinkkandy said...

Its another Pink Saturday.....I am always amazed at ALL the pink stuff...we come up with....stop by and see what everyone is doing this week-end!
God Bless you!
Kandy

She'sSewPretty said...

I love what you did with the Easter egg printout. I might just have to buy that one!! YAY for strawberry season in California. It's my favorite time of the year!

Pieceful Bits said...

Diane,
Your business cards are beautiful! I agree that extra touch really makes them:)
I love visiting your blog to see what pretties you are making next.
Have a beautiful weekend,
Julie

Terri Morse said...

What bright and cheery Easter eggs! I love the pleated crepe paper. Have a wonderful weekend! Terri

Jorgelina said...

Sweet Easter eggs.
Happy pink saturday!

Wanda Metcalf said...

Lovely post. The pink Easter project is so pretty can't wait to see how it turns out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment hope you come again.

Have a great weekend! =0)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I just love your spring creations!

Last Monday I did a tutorial on a pink party favor which you might enjoy.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Kelly_Deal said...

Hi Diane! Thanks for coming by my blog to say hi! I love your creations and vintage prettiness, I'm now a follower!
Kelly

KatCollects said...

The pink eggs are adorable, can't wait to see what you make with the glitter pots! Wishing you smiles today.
Hugs,
Kathy

Auntie Bliss said...

So many pretty things to look at here! I love what you did to your cards!
How did the flea marketing go over the weekend?

Sandy Michelle said...

I love the easter eggs! They look so real! Those picks are adorable too! I'm looking forward to having a fresh start in April..

Sand

Tammy said...

You have such a beautiful blog! A real treat for my eyes. But, what gave me a giggle this morning was the strawberries. I live in Michigan, and this time of year, when I go to the grocery and buy strawberries, I ALWAYS look for the Driscoll brand! They ARE the best! Small world hunh?