Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hot Day for Treasure Hunting

Well Not the hottest day
 in actual Vintage Finds but 
weather wise a HOT 80+ degrees!!


I had the company of my daughter this 
morning, we did a little garage sale
shopping.


I'd say we hit about 7 sales in all


We planned on getting out early
to do some good old treasure hunting
and then back to my house
so our daughter
could set up her sale.


I found these sweet little Easter Baskets
I've had a few of these over the years
and most of the time
I sell them..


But this small one with the crumbled
bow and vintage Easter grass
I think I might just have to keep!


We found a few hankies
and some very fun vintage scarves
The pink and green is a Vera 


This silly patchwork stuffed
Christmas Stocking 
was just to whimsical
to leave behind


Now the score of the morning was
this vintage wool Hudson Bay
4 point blanket


It's in very good condition
I am anxious to see what I can
sell it for!!


So all and all it was a very
good day. And great company.
Our daughter Breezy sold most of her
Baby items and the rest
we took to the local Charity Shop.
Those donation slips always
come in handy at tax time!
And tomorrow the weather is
predicted to be a comfortable 76 degrees.
~
Thanks for stopping by oh yes I almost forgot...


Remember these ornaments I picked up
last weekend? Well they sold for
$120 keep your eyes peeled
for these little treasures
Cheers~

16 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

OH MY..those spinners sold for ALOT of $$$ WOW!!! That is great for you! You have a keen eye for sure.
Fun finds and I wish spring would come to MN!
I have a couple of the old Easter baskets and they don't sell. Guess people don't realize that they are vintage...
Warmly,
deb

Nan said...

I have bought two of those Hudson Bay blankets from LLB over the years. One I gave my son and one I have out in the guest cottage, it's like brand new really. Mine has never been used enough to even clean yet.

Linda said...

Wonderful finds! And wow... what a great sale for you!! Congrats!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I still have my Easter basket from my childhood that looks like the ones you found...I even have a crumpled bow! But, I leave it that way after all my Grandmother gave the basket to me!

Petite Michelle Louise said...

you found some wonderful tresors and in MY neck of the woods...80 degrees is hot...hot hot! :)

My Vintage Mending said...

Congratulations Diane...$120 is enough to keep the thrill of the hunt going. I love those sweet quilted boxes. Glad you had a chance to visit with your daughter. Good stuff...Renee

KatCollects said...

You always find the cutest things. I would love to go treasure shopping with you : ) I hope you are having a beautiful Sunday.
Hugs,
Kathy

decorator to the stars said...

GREAT BLOG, LUV IT :) STOP BY & SAY HI GIO

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What wonderful treasures! The price you got for the ornaments is just shocking to me--congrats on scoring that much :-)

BEAR's Mom said...

so many great finds!!!
i remember those sturdy Easter baskets ... i may have one in storage. that was a great sale ~ congrats!!!
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Valarie said...

Diane,,,,I found 2 of those spinners this past estate sale I went to. One was shaped like a star. You have a great eye for beautiful vintage goodies. xxoo Valarie

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You go girls!

Cindy said...

I'd say you did pretty well. That blanket should sell for quite a bit, I'm thinking.

Sandy Michelle said...

I'm glad you had a fun day of treasure hunting with your Daughter :)I am envious that it's hot there! We got snow and hail yesterday!!

Sandy xox

stampdiva said...

Hi
I am always fascinated to see what treasures people stumble across.
Thank you for sharing.
Wishes
Lynne

delia hornbook said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I am so glad you did because now i have the link to yours and your blog is so pretty and sweet. I love those vintage scarfs the red and white polka dot is gorgeous. I will look forward to reading your future posts, dee x