Friday, October 21, 2011

Upcycled 50's Pink Tree Topper

Not sure if you remember but I had
found this very plain and very plastic
Vintage 50's Tree Topper a month ago


 I bought it with the intentions
of giving it a little makeover


Today I found the perfect BLING
to take it up a notch!


I think I just gave this oldie
a second life....


What do you think pretty cool....

And check out this yummy
package of Pink Vintage Bling
Oh.... my heart skipped a beat


Not sure what I am going to do with these....
Can you imagine original price 35 cents
I remember our Mom buying things
like this to do her Holiday Crafting~
"Sweet Memories"
Have a Wonderful Weekend
ox,

11 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Perfect! I can't wait to put up my white tree! ♥

GardenofDaisies said...

Diane, the topper is so pretty now!! You have the magic touch, that is for sure.

Pat said...

the bling you added to the topper is super-duper!

Beth Leintz said...

That's darling and it looks sweet with the mirror and the pink plates.

Dru said...

I love all your wonderful vintage finds - it looks beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday to you...

Lynn said...

You found the perfect touch!

Jean Knee said...

oh goodness you really scored. I wish I could go on your outings with you.

love the topper

LV said...

You took a really old tree topper and made it into a great item.We had the old fashion ones many years ago.

My Vintage Mending said...

I used some of those last year to add to some vintage bell ornaments but you have stolen the show. These are lovely and so hard to find in such great shape. Lucky you...smiles...Renee

manyslices said...

Yes, if only our Mother's knew how much in demand their old decorations would one day be. Great find and pretty bling.
Cheers,
Leah

Sherri B. said...

I would not have guessed that your topper is plastic..Perfect 'Bling'!

I remember my grandmother always decorating her gifts with pretties like those you found, how fun!