Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Finished Christmas Box

Well I finally finished my Altered Box
And I promised to share ....
I just wanted to add some Vintage Mica
before it was complete
so I did that this morning before work


My method for adding Mica is using white glue
diluted with water, I brush it on and then
gently dust the item with mica.


I know a lot of others use spray glue but I just can't stand
the sticky messy over spray


This Christmas Box is covered with Vintage goodies
and a couple of my Bottle Brush Trees
It was hard to get a real good picture of all the detail
I tried a whole bunch of shots...


Well I better get going to bed...
Have an appt at 10 A.M.
ox,

10 comments:

busymartha said...

This is totally sweet Diane, so festive!

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Diane,

You're just calling that an altered box???? It looks like a vintage treasure chest to me ;o)

Have you ever used Mod Podge??? It's just like a slightly watered down version of white glue......except....it's also a sealer! You could do a very light application of the Mod Podge, sprinkle the mica and it would work perfectly. If you wanted a more durable surface, then you do another coat of Mod Podge over and it's protected against accidental water damage. Most crafters use it as a sealer.

Anyhoo, stunning piece missy. Keep em' comin'.

Hugs,
Meri

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

How festive! It looks like a vintage inspired Christmas party!

Cindy said...

Lots of goodies in one place! Very nice. Have a great weekend!

Sherri B. said...

So many sweet vintage goodies to look at...love it! xo

Heidi Ann said...

What a wonderful and fabulous work of art that is! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Lynn said...

I love it!! It is adoreable

vivian said...

diane you always come up with the cutest darn things! I love your altered holiday box. just adorable I tell ya!
happy saturday
xoxo
vivian

Nan said...

It's so sweet I love it.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

How awesomely wonderful! I just love it!