Friday, December 2, 2011

The Brite Side of Thrift Shopping

Well I still have not brought down
the Christmas Tubs...
So I don't have much Holiday Decorating
to share yet, but I really
thought it would be fun
to share some of my Money-saving secrets..



I don't know about you and your town,
but this year we were so lucky to have
a "New" Goodwill open up and so close to home




At least once or twice a month they have a 1/2 off Sale
This last one on Wednesday they closed 
the store at 4 and re-opened at 5:00
and everything was 1/2 off!
All of this gift packaging and tissue
and tags half off...
And it's all new merchandise donated from Target
Now were talking 25 cents for tissue
50 cents for gift boxes, and Holiday napkins
to $1.50 for beautiful gift Tags
I scored and they even have gifts.
I must admit I'm always a bargain hunter..




Next time I'll take my camera and show you the 
place, for a long time I only had
the Salvation Army now I'm not complaining...
but to have two Thrift Shops to choose from
well I am pretty much in heaven

Tomorrow Morning is Breakfast with Santa
with a couple of our peeps
I will bring my camera for sure!


Happy Pink Saturday Girls~
Hugs from California

12 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Hi Diane!

I know, I go thrifting to save money, but then I keep going so am I really saving anything?! Doesn't matter how I spin it, I'm still going!

ps Have you ever tried to type with a child on each side of you talking in their high-pitched voices and laughing while their hamster empties her pouches in your lap? It's an experience.

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

I'm horrible. I just got the kids to give me some quiet by telling them they can share the last piece of chocolate cake! They ran outta here!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I have never found anything at our goodwill? The gw in downtown St louis opened a new store and it sells everything by the pound! the place in jam packed when i drive by!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Awesome! I bought my Shabby Chic book case from the Goodwill so Target must give to all the Goodwill stores nation wide.

I have a thrift store right here in my tiny little town and then 3 more 30 minutes away. The prices here are the best, though! Our Goodwill is getting downright expensive!

I ♥ your last pic! So sweet!

My Vintage Mending said...

Lucky, lucky girl...I haven't seen anything lately! Just junk. So glad to see you have been lucky. Smiles...Renee

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

I have found so much at Goodwill! Glad you have one near you now...have a wonderful weekend!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love my Goodwill Store too...in fact I am off to shop there now! Hope I find some wonderful treasures! Hugs :)

Cindy said...

For some reason I don't find much I like at our Goodwill. But we have a couple of antique malls that have some very reasonable booths for Christmas stuff. (And not so reasonable!)

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

I don't have a goodwill nearby. We have a store called Unique, and lately it's a lot of overpriced junk. Would you believe they get stuff in there from the dollar store, and mark it $1.41? lol It says dollar tree on the bottom. Glad you are finding some great things.

Debbie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I'm always buying gift wrap at the GW...so cheap! second choice the dollar store! Have fun with Santa!

Carol

LuLu Kellogg said...

LOVE these bottle brush trees!!

Hope you are feeling better!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Stampin D Amour said...

Love your Blog! Linking it to visit again later! :)

-pamela