Saturday, January 28, 2012

A few Saturdayfind Garage Sale Treasures

Well I really tried very hard to stay away from
Garage   Sales, really I did
But today I just had to get out and look!


I kept reminding myself about all the
Vintage "stuff" I have around my place
and how there is just not enough time
in a day to photograph and list it all...

and then that other little voice said...
"But it's what you enjoy"
And it really is ....

It's so peaceful to get out in the neighborhood
when most people are still in bed..I couldn't resist
But I had a tight budget in fact I only had
a $20 and some change



I did visit some great sales full of wonderful things.
And if I had a Shop or a space at an Antique Mall
I could have justified spending more
and filling up the car!
But reality is the treasures I do find
I try to keep small for mailing
and like I said I'm a one woman show
photographing, listing and packing
plus working my job "Full-time Real Estate Agent"

I do think today I kept to my word
I found 2 beautiful rolls of vintage crepe paper
perfect for my crafting, and this 
fantastic yo yo quilt top
A few old books and these charming 
vintage Rose Butter boxes..

And I had a whole lot of fun!
ox

13 comments:

vivian said...

sometimes 20.00 is all ya need! love the yoyo quilt top. so pretty! the colors are perfect arent they?
Happy sunday Diane!
xoxo
vivian

BEAR's Mom said...

what a beautiful yo yo quilt

if it makes you H.A.P.P.Y.
then do it...
cause after all...you do it so well!

BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Hi, Diane! There's just something about those yo-yos! I plan on making some one of these days. ♥

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

You did great for $20! I love the rose butter boxes.

A Vintage Chic said...

What fun finds, Diane! Love the yo-yo quilt top--so pretty!

I did the same thing yesterday...wasn't going to go out. But the morning was gorgeous, I had just about the same amount of money burning a hole in my pocket, and I just couldn't stay home!

Wishing you a beautiful Sunday, my friend!

Julie

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Now I have to wonder, who would save old butter boxes? I often wonder about this kind of stuff! We buy them later and they're cool vintage. But, who would bother to save it to begin with? That'd be like having a bowl of cereal and saving the box for the next 30 years. 30 years later, it'd be cool vintage, but what would make you save it to begin with?

I'm rambling....

Cindy said...

Wow, that yo yo quilt is great! You scored.

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I congratulate you on your wonderful finds as well as sticking within your budget. That takes some self-control! I started getting the itch to go antiquing after reading your post! Thanks for sharing. Love that you got some vintage crepe paper, how wonderful. You'll have to post pics of your creations.
Julie

My Vintage Mending said...

Smalls are always my favorite. I never take more than 25 to a sale that way I have to really want and need it to buy it... Keeps me in my budget. Smiles...Renee

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

The quilt alone would have been a steal at $20!

donna said...

Oh Boy you found some great things. Love the yoyo quilt.
Hugs
donna

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The yo yo quilt was worth the trip. I hesitated about going to the Thrift store last week but told myself it wasn't much money and it was FUN! I just don't have room for a whole lot in my house and I don't want it to be cluttered. Oh what fun to find a treasure along the way though! ♥

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You were smart to get out and shop! Yes, it is so much fun to tootle around the quiet neighborhoods looking for that perfect treasure!!

LOVE the yo-yo's!!!!

xxo
Becky