Thursday, April 19, 2012


My Pretty Little Things


I thought it would be fun once and a while
to have a sharing day, with all my
Blog- Girlfriends
You know just like the kind we had in school


I will find something special
or even maybe a small grouping of a few
of my favorite things....
and share them with my friends.
This is one of my most favorite
Storybook dolls.
Isn't she beautiful?


Now just to let you know how
"Thinking outside the Box"
with a little creativity 
can produce great results!


Right outside on my side patio
camera set on Digital Macro





My hubby aka photographer looked
at the original set-up and was
amazed with the final results.

Another little photography tip...
get yourself a piece of white foam core
poster size you can find it at the $1 store
great for bouncing and fill light.
I use mine ALL the time
I'll share that with you next time!


Enjoy~

9 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

She is a sweet little doll and I, for one, can use all the photography tips you have to offer. Thanks!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I love your Story Book Doll!
One of the antique shops in town has a whole box of them, and I want one so bad! I even have her picked out. She's dressed in a periwinkle blue dress! It's just that I promised myself no more dolls! Now your post makes me want to go back on my promise!
Erica :)

Nan said...

Oh lovely and nice job on the photo.

vivian said...

I love story book dolls, Yours is so pretty. thanks for playing "show and tell!" and happy Friday!! i'm so glad its the weekend.. almost.. we have the babyshower this weekend. so much to do tomorrow!
xoxo
vivian

My Vintage Mending said...

She is beautiful with those dainty little lips. Of course you just happen to have that chippy pink chair outside your home! Thank you for the camera tip. I have been fighting light issues lately. Smiles...Renee

GardenofDaisies said...

She is a very sweet dolly! My Mom has told me how popular those were when she was a young girl. Times were tough back then and her family couldn't afford to buy one for her. But she has one now. :-)

Tresa said...

I love your storybook doll. She is precious. Thank you for the photography tip--I need all the help I can get.

Tresa

Shelia said...

What a precious little dolly! I too thank you for the tip and thank you for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Do women ever really outgrow dolls? Nah, because deep down inside we still want to play!

Thanks for the photography tip. I really don't like taking pictures, not much patience, so any tips I can get, the happier I'll be!

Jill