Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vintage Birthday Party Collectibles

I've always had fond memories
of our Childhood Birthday Parties
And all the wonderful
Party Decorations, and the
great graphics on Birthday Cards...


The filigree favor baskets at each place setting
filled with sweet treats


Special Birthday Cake candle holders
in Animal Shapes!


Gift wrapped presents
Never a gift bag insight!


Flocked Greeting Cards imagine that!


Party paper goods
so bright and whimsical


A special Party Invitation
to each school friend




No videos or digital cameras
memories captured on film


Precious little gummed seals


All these vintage treasures
that turn up at Estate Sales

makes the "thrill of the hunt"
just that much more fun...


So I'll always keep my eyes peeled
for Party Keepsakes
Adding a few here and there to my Shops
and using them in my own Creations


Now just what girl doesn't like a party?

13 comments:

Jenny Holiday said...

A girl after my own heart! :) I'm grinning ear to ear...love everything to bits!! Can nevvver have enough vintage birthday bits!

Happy Friday!
xo Jenny

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Just in time for grandpa's birthday....I love it all!

acorn hollow said...

I loved to get those little baskets at partys very sweet post.
Cathy

Cindy said...

These little treasures sure bring back memories of birthday parties from my past.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Girly birthday parties in the 60s were the best! Thanks for the memories. ♥

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Those bring back so many memories. Love the card and invitations too. You are very lucky to have found all those goodies. The party picture could be out of my own scrapbooks.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

The snapshot of the girl's birthday party (yours?) looks just like a photo I have of my sister's birthday party. So sweet! The little party favors bring back memories of the nut and mint cups at each party place setting.

My Vintage Mending said...

I am squealing over all these sweet treasures.......what a joy to see all the vintage goodies. Smiles...Renee

Nan said...

I love that top card could not be cuter.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I always loved those baskets. I use to have them for flower arrangements for my Barbies when I was little.

Fun Girls Vintage said...

What cute finds!!!! Sweet additions to any party!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

You're so lucky! I NEVER find this kind of stuff at estate sales.

I do miss the old-fashioned parties and my daughter's the only one I know who has them. Everyone else signs up for Chuck E Cheese and stuff. (After all the decorating, crafts, games, prizes and food it's probably cheaper, but no nearly as special!)

Creeky Attic said...

Sweet memories of those little treat baskets and the birthday cards. I do miss those old fashioned parties.