Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vintage Ballerina Saturdayfinds

Wow, I was thrilled to have found a pair
of PINK toe shoes this past weekend
and at Garage sale prices

I just love the muted pink satin...
and the large satin ribbons


And then this large collection of Vintage
Ballerina Cake Toppers

I'm thinking just about every girl in
the late 50's and 60's had a
Birthday Cake covered with these sweethearts~
pretty sure my sisters and I did


Now sticking with the ballerina theme of this post
A very vintage porcelain Ballerina
I  found her years ago in Texas
a bit damaged and repaired
yet still loved~


I'm pretty sure 90% of us  
kiddos from the 60's knows at least
the 1st and or 2nd position from 
ballet classes am I right?


We all had a fantasy with Ballerinas

I decided to give my Birthday Kitty
a Ballerina to add
that vintage twist~


Sweet Little
"Miss Nostalgia"

Have a very Happy short
work week!




7 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Sweet post. Only you can make a bowl full of plastic ballerinas look like a work of art! Your vintage ballerina is a keeper and kitty looks so cute holding her own Happy Birthday dancer.

Sherri B. said...

Oh yes, the ballet positions and the 'dreams'. I remember my precious jewelry box and the ballerina that turned when opened...I'm still looking to find that thrift treasure somewhere, someday. - Love your vintage kitty! xo

Cindy said...

Love all the ballet stuff. I took lessons all through school and I did want to be a professional dancer. I still have all my shoes and costumes.
Have a great day. The weather here is perfect, going to be in the gardens today!

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh yes...no matter how short we were...me...we all wanted to be ballerinas. These shoes are beautiful. A color I adore. Smiles...Renee

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

The porcelain one is so sweet! :) Great idea for a post!
Erica

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The ballet shoes are precious! What a great find! And you are always so creative and make the sweetest things!

craftyles said...

Diane , I love the ballet items. Can you believe I had a pair of toe shoes when I was a teen and got rid of them.WHat was I thinking? Love the little figurine.