Thursday, May 10, 2012

Weddings the Month of May

In Celebration of Our Wedding Anniversary
This Month 


I decided to pull together some
recent Wedding Vintage Finds
I've had sitting around...


Just waiting to be photographed and listed


This year my hubby and I
will celebrate or 25th
Wedding Anniversary...


It's really a rather funny story. We flew to
Hawaii just the two of us
and had planned to marry on May 19th


But once we arrived and got our license
the Church on the top of Diamond Head
had no one to stand in to be a
witness until May 20th...


So that was to be the day we said our vows...
but for years we both have been guilty
of getting the date wrong....


Kinda like a couple of newlyweds...
In fact one year we celebrated on the 19th...
Until we both later that evening realized
our mistake!
But yes this year we will be sure
to celebrate on the 20th~

11 comments:

GardenofDaisies said...

Cute little cake toppers! Happy Anniversary to you both! We celebrated our 25th a couple months back.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a wonderful collection....happy anniversary!

acorn hollow said...

congats on your big anniversary!
such fun things you have found.
Cathy

Cindy said...

happy anniversary!

My Vintage Mending said...

Congratulations...what an unbelievable achievement. Enjoy twenty five more....blessings...Renee

Sherri B. said...

Such a cute story..kind of a good way to get to celebrate twice, double the fun! xo

Tresa said...

Your Posy Bride is darling. Happy, Happy Anniversary!

Thrifty Vintage Peach said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Diane I have been a real big fan of your blog for a while now. I just created my own blog and I would LOVE if you would stop by maybe give me some tips on how to get more followers..
http://thriftytvintagepeach.blogspot.com

I hope all is well and you enjoyed your anniversary to the fullest! Many blessings!
Jamie

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary on the 20th!!!
Our 22nd is on May 19th...we have so much in common!!! We didn't get married in Hawaii...:(
Happy Mom's Day!
Warmly,
deb

Jean Knee said...

Oh, Happy Anniversary Diane!

Creative Breathing said...

Happy Anniversary! What a funny story that you celebrated a day early. Love that, something I definitely would do. Happy Mother's Day wishes to you. Also, my beautiful cards arrived today. I just love them! Fun find for Christmas in May, thanks as always for sharing with us! Elizabeth