Thursday, May 17, 2012

Where This Woman Creates

The Room I call Home
"MY STUDIO"


The truth be told...
since we are empty nesters
It was pretty easy to take over one of
the bedrooms


And call it my own...


I can make a mess...
& shut the door
and believe me I do that alot
I try and keep most of the 8
grand-peeps out of this room


I do just about everything in this room
besides my crafts I do some of my Real Estate
Business in here as well

In the early part of the day
it's even the perfect light for photography~


It's amazing when you work with
altered art it requires so many
different supplies.


I'm having a hard time keeping things neat.. at all


And in all honesty I do overflow
with a few nice cabinets in our garage...


I read other creative womens blogs and 
since they still have children at home
they are lucky to just have a corner of the 
dining room table.
I do remember those days...

So I'm always so impressed with the incredible
art they manage to create

The grass is always greener on the other side~

14 comments:

Susan S. said...

Ohh....I love your space. I have a dream of turning my spare room into a little workshop like that. It looks like it inspires lots of creativity! Happy Spring!

~~Carol~~ said...

You make so many cute things, so it's really no surprise that your studio is cute too! My next house is definitely going to have a room that I can craft in and be able to shut the door on the mess!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Oh, to be able to shut the door and not have to look at it all! I work in the dining room and there's no hiding it. I say, love me or leave me!!

You have such a pretty room. No wonder your work is always so unique and inspiring.

Oh, I just posted images from an 1800s scrapbook. If you're interested in any of the images, feel free to copy them.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I love love love your collection of glass girls. So many bits and pieces you have. Fun too examIne!

Tresa said...

It was fun seeing all of your supplies and doo-dads. I love your shelves. You have a cozy looking place.

My Vintage Mending said...

I have a terrible time with clutter control. It is always such a to do getting one thing done. Love your space and all your little do dads...enjoy some creative time...smiles...Renee

Blessed Serendipity said...

I love your studio. It is filled with wonderful eye candy. It is nice to have that special space to dream and create and call your own. Enjoy!

Danielle

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'd love to have my very own space to create, but the guest bedrooms are small, and we need the beds when the girls and their families visit. You have a fabulous space for all your supplies. And it all looks so organized!

RetroSandie said...

I love your craft space!!! It's wonderful you have a whole room to spread out in. I love all the pretty goodies you have for inspiration. I'm with you - can't have enough PINK!! LOL

Barbara said...

I'm not an empty nester, but I have to confess I've taken over a few drawers in my son's room since he's been off at college. Love your space!

Maureen said...

I love looking at other's craft spaces; yours is so pretty! Love it! Isn't it great to have a place to "play" and not have to worry about putting everything back (I used to use our dining room table too. I have since graduated to my own room and it is my haven).

Have fun!

craftyles said...

Diane, Your craftroom is awesome. Isn't that best part of being an nester? Your artwork is awesome-I love the vintageness of it all.(is that even a word?) I'm loving your blog. Have a nice weekend!
Leslie

Sandy Michelle said...

Your craft room is so sweet and inspiring!!

Sandy xox

vivian said...

good morning Diane! what a great little studio room you have.. sooo neat! Mine is always a disaster! And I LOVe those little kitten birthday dolls youve been making! you make the sweetest little things!!
have a great week.. I'm still not feeling well and wishing I didnt have to go to work today!
xoxo
vivian