Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blogging a Place to Make Friends

I've read so many lovely comments
and all with such heartfelt emotions...

And I know most of you thought
why didn't I just delete that ugly comment


Truth be told...
It was not the first time, and this
time it really got under my skin...

I'm all about sharing bits of myself
and the Vintage Treasures I find..

Such a good feeling that
others in our World of Blogging
Feel the same way I do...

It's about Making friends


So a BIG Promise 
anytime some pesky person feels the urge
to leave a nasty comment..

I'll just go back and pull-up all
the beautiful supportive comments
left by friends...



So onward to what we do best...

Here's some of my latest Vintage Finds
Cute Head Vase a Thrift Store Find
I might have paid a little too much 
but just the  fact that I NEVER spot one
in such good condition  it came home with me


A PINK Vintage Baby Ben
with PINK rhinestones in working Condition
again I just had to buy it!


Two quilt Tops, a score at $5 for the pair!
(and one is completely hand-stitched)
While standing in one of those crazy long lines
waiting my turn to enter an Estate Sale
It appeared to me most customers were
leaving empty handed...


So I decided to opt out and checkout the garage sale
right next door.. and am I glad I did!

I'm off for a couple days to spend time with our
Mom we lost our step-dad this week so
a lot of love and comfort is in order for her
Only time will mend her broken heart~
ox,

I Love you guys!


16 comments:

acorn hollow said...

love your finds that baby ben is so cute! So sorry about your mom losing her mate it is so hard.
Cathy

vivian said...

that a girl! ignore nasty people!
so sorry about your moms husband. thats very sad. she definitely needs you now i'm sure.
I'm trying to decide whether to go to work or to the hospital for my grandbaby... of to work and then to the hospital.. seeming to not be able to make decisions very well the last few days! imagine!
have a great day diane
xoxo

Theresa said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your Step-Dad! Prayers going up for all of you!

Glad you are keeping on keeping on:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Jane said...

So glad you've decided not to let that mean, totally uncalled for, comment destroy your happy blog - always filled with so many interesting and creative things for your readers to enjoy! Whew, that was a long sentence! But I mean every word of it! Always enjoy seeing what you've made or found! Please do keep on keeping on!

Sherri B. said...

I am clapping my hands for you making the right choice about any nasty comments...You have way too many lovely things to share, to waste time on that.

Nice finds at the garage sale, good thing you got out of that long line.

So very sorry about your family's loss..so true, only time can heal.

xo

Cindy said...

You got some very nice things. Great price for the quilt tops!
I'm sorry for the death of your step father. I'm sure your mom will be comforted by having you nearby.
Take care!
Cindy

Tammy Wright said...

Diane, so sorry about the loss of your step-father. You definitely did not need the ugly comment right now, but hopefully the rest of us made up for that person's lack of consideration. One of my customers has a quote that she attaches to her email signature and I think it it a quote we all can live by.

"Be kinder than neccessary,
you never know what someone
is going through"

Tammy Wright said...

I forgot to add that I love your finds. The clock is beyond awesome!

My Vintage Mending said...

Now wait a minute you found a head vase at the thrift! Good grief...I can't believe it...Lucky duck. I am so glad you came back...Smiles..my sweet friend...Renee

Blessed Serendipity said...

So happy that you are bouncing back from a hurtful comment. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? Love your finds Diane and that little headvase is adorable.

xo,
Danielle

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I cannot believe you got those quilt tops for $5.00!!!!! And the pink clock is fabulous, too. I guess all your hard work searching out the sales paid off!

I never saw or read the nasty comment you received, but why in the world to people feel the need to do this stuff?! Sorry about your stepdad and glad you can spend time with your mother during this difficult time.

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Deepest sympathy...time will heal and prayers help too.
Sweet pink clock and headvase! I'm hoping to go to some garage sales tomorrow with Grandgirl.
Did you get my email? We can "talk" later about our swap.
Take care.
Warmly,
deb

Sarah said...

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your step-dad. I am sure spending time with your mom will help each other during this sad time. Let me know if there is anything you need.

Sarah

RetroSandie said...

Sending my sympathy to you, your mom and your family-so sorry for your loss. I hope things brighten up for you all the way around. And I do love your good buys!! To date, I have NEVER seen a Lady Head Vase at any of the thrifty places I go in any condition, cheap or expensive!! How lucky for you!! :)

Creative Breathing said...

Let me at'em Diane! There is no room for unkindness here.
Signed,
One of the many who stand behind Diane.
Always, E

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Such sweet treasures. I am so sorry about your step-dad. Only time will mend her broken heart....but she'll be so glad you are there.