Saturday, July 14, 2012

Another Treasure Hunt

Today the Estate Sale didn't 
start until 9:00 A.M.
And boy I sure was happy about that...


Last week was a crazy week...
and Friday was no better

So getting to sleep-in was a welcome relief


When I arrived I found out it was a 2nd round
and all the stuff was going to be 50% off


And to be honest that was smart thinking.
Because the house was still pretty full
and the original prices were way to high!


 I found myself some affordable Treasures
Some for re-sale and
some yummy Christmas Craft goodies

Enough to sell and enough to
keep a bit for myself



I guess if I'd been real motivated
I could have dragged myself out of bed
a little earlier and hit some local
Garage Sales... but a girl has got to know
her limitations..
And my body was telling me slow down!
The Summer heat really takes it's toll

Stay Cool & Relax~

12 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

We finally had an estate here, not far from where I live. I got up early, got the kids ready, pulled up 20 minutes early and there was already a huge line of people. If I were by myself, maybe i would have stayed, but not with 2 little ones. Problem is, in the summer I've got the kids, during the rest of the year I have to wait until after 9 to get them off to the bus, so I can't really take advantage of these kinds of sales. Someday!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

You did well! Sometimes it's best to Get In, Get a Few Cute Things, and Go Home! Good Job on knowing your limits! :)
Erica

Sherri B. said...

You were smart to listen to your body and sleep in. In the end you found some lovely treasures.

Stay cool! xo

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh and Ah...it all looks so sweet. Even better that you get some for yourself...smiles...Renee

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

LOVE those ornaments! I over did it after recovering from my surgery but I don't care. It was too fun to work like a mad woman again! ♥

craftyles said...

Love the ornaments. The little scottie dog is also cute in pink. I wouldn't be motivated in this heat to get out there , so good for you!

RetroSandie said...

It's always fun to find a few little goodies!!!

Stampin D Amour said...

WOW!! You've got a great eye for fantastic stuff! xo

-pamela :)

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's so funny you said that about listening to your body since I did the exact thing this weekend. I boycotted all yard, garage and estate sales and just took some time to slow the pace. Ahhh...and I don't regret it one bit. Have a wonderful week.
Blessings and hugs,
Karen

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Looks like you had fun!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What wonderful treasured goodies you found!! :) :)
xo HOlly

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

What sweet treasures and at half price and with a sleep-in I'd say you did fabulous!! :)