Monday, July 30, 2012

Inspired Banners

Paper and Bits
and Vintage Findings


Recently I did a swap with a dear blogger friend..
 I had really never made
this type of banner before
It took me awhile to figure out
what I wanted to do....


I've been making my Posy Pockets for
some time now. And last Easter 
I started making my Chenille Bunnies 
for my Etsy Shop


I had a few requests for my Bunnies
and kitty cats
not on stands


And then I took the concept a little further
With some input from my Sister Carrie

"Birthday Keepsakes"


"Wedding Keepsakes"
A gift for the Flower girl


And now I've adapted all that into these 
"Keepsake Banners"

I'm not a scrapbook crafter...
I don't have packs of Scrapbook Papers
In fact I own only one paper pack a gift from a friend.


And all those fancy scissors that cut 
the assorted edges of paper nope don't own a pair!

What I do have is lots of Bits and findings
"Saturday-findings"


I don't ever do any Creation quite the same as the next..
Similar but no two exact...


I joined in on a Matchbox swap last month..
And I did do the Banner Swap with one.
But I've realized being that my creating time is
oh so limited I've had to turn down future Swaps
What I can do is giveaways from time to time
It's not that I don't want to play...
But my Real Estate job requires so much of me right now..

A girls got to know her limitations..

oxox,

19 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your banner is to die for....it screams Saturday Finds! Lucky E

busymartha said...

For a girl that doesn't have a huge stash like the rest of us, you sure can create! I loved your post Diane! Work and life sure does get in the way of our creative process!

Celestial Charms said...

Wow Diane, that banner is so beautiful. Love the kitty's face in the first picture. The idea of birthday keepsakes is fabulous...love it.
Maureen

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Unreal! The banners, the birthday girls...everything! You really have a unique talent!
I too have decided that I have to say NO to swaps right now. Maybe around x-mas I'll do one. :)
Thanks for sharing Diane.
Erica

RetroSandie said...

Diane, for someone who didn't know how to do a banner-yours have turned out just gorgeous!! You certainly know how to put those bits and bobs together to make something wall-worthy. Love all your bunnies and dollies, too.

My Vintage Mending said...

So beautifully sweet and perfectly Diane. Just popping in on my way out the door...love it...smiles...Renee

acorn hollow said...

so so creative I love them.
cathy

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

For someone without much free time, you sure accomplish a lot. Everything is so creative. The banners are adorable. Never seen anything quite like them. Great job.

GardenofDaisies said...

Diane, your banners turned out oh so sweet! I lust love these darling chenille kitty cats! The swaps seem like a lot of fun, and a great way to get to know people, but I've never done one. I work full time too, and there just aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with all the extra activities, like swaps. Keeping up with my blog is all I can manage.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Bubbling with cuteness!

I started on my banner tag yesterday and my brain isn't grasping the triangle shape very well! ♥

Stampin D Amour said...

These are so stinkin' CUTE!!!! Love your banner! xo

-pamela ;)

Martha said...

I hate the way work gets in the way of my creativity, my blogging and my treasure hunting! Love your new stuff. I can't help but smile every time I come over here, even your header alone just makes me happy :)

Linda Ruthie said...

Perfectly pink and adorable! Your work always makes me smile and these banners are the sweetest ever.

GardenofDaisies said...

HI again. One of these days soon I will try to get all the dolls scanned onto my paperdoll page. I'm glad you enjoyed them. To answer your question, I am a teacher, and I'm currently working in the the early childhood/preschool field, with the sweetest little people on the planet.

the wreath witch said...

these are so lovely - I am loving where your going with these. so coo .

Chelsea Ann said...

I adore your work Diane, and those dolls are precious!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Eeeeeek..they are darling!! Of course!!!
Very pretty, pink and stinkin sweet!
Warmly,
deb

craftyles said...

I just love how the banner turned out. Also love reading about the process you go through to come up with your unique creations.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

These are all beautiful, Diane! I love the 3-D effect of the figures on the banners. The papers you used are just lovely. Love your stand alone figures, too.