Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Outside the Box

Well this week we are experiencing
some very warm weather...

The house is cool in the early part of the day
But by mid afternoon it's
uncomfortable...


So I usually stay far away from my
hot glue-gun until late
late afternoon...


I'm playing along in a Banner Swap
over at my dear friend Elizabeths Blog..
I was really not sure where to start...

But I figured like anything you just need to
get started and see where your creative juices
lead you !
(well I mean me in this instance )

I know E always refers to my "PINKS"
over here at my Blog so 
Pink it is!

And since I've been making my little
chenille "Paper Posy Dolls"
I thought why not just add one to my Banner!


Ok so you're probably wondering why
the heck am I showing you a group of straws!

These are not just any ordinary straw..

Each one has a darling paper
flower with a honeycomb center...
Who says you can't just pop them off the
straws and use them in a project...



My sister Carrie and I found a couple packages
at the Dollar Store
 They make great little additions to
so many projects.
Remember when looking for supplies

"Think outside the Box"

Enjoying Summer~

15 comments:

Creative Breathing said...

Squealing here! Diane, I have forgotten to tell you much I love the 4th of July kitten from your shop. I was so surprised by how large it is, too sweet! This banner is wonderful Diane! I think these are future items for your shop. I am so honored you will be in my friendship garland. Thank you again so much for playing along! E

Valarie said...

Adorable!!!! xxoo Valarie

My Vintage Mending said...

I adore your sweet pinks. I can always count on sweet nursery images and darling ballerina pinks. These already have me giddy. Smiles...Renee

Blessed Serendipity said...

Love what you are working on. Cute! What a great idea to use the decorations from the straws on projects.

xo,
Danielle

donna said...

Diane your little girl is precious. Love what you are coming up with.
Hugs
donna

Linda Ruthie said...

Diane, This is gorgeous! I'm sitting here making sketches for my banner design trying to figure out the placement for my images and do-dads since I jumped in and started them without thinking it through. I LOVE the bow on the bottom! That seems to be the spot I'm having the most trouble with. Thank you for some much needed inspiration.

Cindy said...

What a good idea using the straw's flowers. The little pink girl is so cute.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Eeek! (Too cute for other words!)

Sandy Michelle said...

Your banner is so cute! How clever to use the comb flowers off of the straws!

Sandy xox

LBP said...

Your banner is just adorable! Love the colors, they just scream YOU!

Blessings

Linda

Sandy said...

Oh Diane,
The banner is so you!!!! I am still working on the papers I want to use...too many choices! But I am going to Meri's tomorrow t o start cutting items......your just creams Saturday Finds!!!! We are trading right??? :):) Sandy

Elyse said...

hi diane,

what sweet-sweet-sweet supplies!!!

happy summer wishes

xo
elyse

GardenofDaisies said...

Your pink chenille dolly banner is soooo sweet! That would be so cute in a little girl's room.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

It was fun shopping together and finding these darling little straws...

busymartha said...

These little posie dolls are flippin cute! You have to do a tutorial and sell those sweet little girls so we can all get in on the craze! Adorable beyond words, thanks for sharing this idea, Marilyn.