Sunday, August 12, 2012

Christmas In August

Christmas Kitty
In all her Glory~


I guess it's the high temps
that drove me to start working on a 
Christmas Creation...


Yes even in California the temps have
been just about unbearable...
Our California cottage has no air...

Yes you heard me right... NO AIR
so at night we turn on the whole house fan
and pull in the cool air

But then around 2 in the afternoon
all is loss...
86 degrees in the house...


I don't have all my holiday craft goodies out 
you see that would mean climbing into the attic
and thats just way to hot....
So I'm using the bits I have  in the Studio


I'll have this little Snow Princess
finished in no time
Stay Cool~


10 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

She's a x-mas cutie!
Erica :)

My Vintage Mending said...

Sending only cool thoughts your way...she is darling..smiles..Renee

donna said...

No a/c. Oh boy I would just die here in Texas. The heat and humidity it is just to much to bear without it. What a sweet project you are creating.
Hugs
donna

Blessed Serendipity said...

She is so sweet. Meow!

xo,
Danielle

GardenofDaisies said...

This little kitten is so adorable! And thinking about Christmas is a great way to help cool off! Luckily our heat seems to be fading a bit, and we might even get some rain tonight! I am so grateful to be out of the triple digit temps.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Christmas Kitty is adorable!! Does it help to think "winter" thoughts when it's so hot outside....and inside?

Celestial Charms said...

Hi Diane,
Beautiful! Love kitty's adorable lacy collar.
Maureen

Creative Breathing said...

Diane, Summers in Ohio are usually so beautiful. This summer has been unreal. I forget what it's like to go outdoors!
If a red and green Posy Pocket appears in your store close to Christmas, it has my name on it! I love them!
Have a great week! Elizabeth

busymartha said...

Hope it cools down soon for you D! Meanwhile, Christmas Kittie is adorable! The snowy season will be upon us sooner than we think, Marilyn.

VintageBettys said...

Oh Diane I love your Box it is the sweetest! I'm a little late on this post :) LOL's